K7N2-Delta-L With Mobile XP2500

Is anyone here using this combination? Pros or Cons?
5 answers Last reply
More about k7n2 delta mobile xp2500

    "Mike" <olboxman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > Is anyone here using this combination? Pros or Cons?

    Yes. Pros or cons vs. what?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message

    > "Mike" <olboxman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    >> Is anyone here using this combination? Pros or Cons?
    >>

    > Yes. Pros or cons vs. what?

    vs nothing. the op didnt ask for comparisons. he asked for the pro's and
    con's (good points and bad points) of the said setup
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Chris 159" <temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mike" <olboxman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    >>> Is anyone here using this combination? Pros or Cons?
    >>>

    >> Yes. Pros or cons vs. what?
    >>

    > vs nothing. the op didnt ask for comparisons. he asked for the pro's and
    > con's (good points and bad points) of the said setup

    Oh ok, it's better than a Pentium 166 and not as good as an XP 64-3800+.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Sorry I wasn't more specific. I had wanted to put together a system with the
    regular 2500 barton but by the time I got around to it, the 2500's were
    locked. Now I see that the mobile version is being used with good success on
    most boards. I was only looking for feedback from those that have the
    K7N2-Delta-L/Mobile XP2500 combination to see what performance they're
    getting and whether there are any limitations with the MSI board vs. an Abit
    NF7, Shuttle AN35N, etc.. Does the MSI bios allow the flexibility the other
    boards do for overclocking?

    > "Chris 159" <temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Kill Bill" <a@b.c> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Mike" <olboxman@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > >>>

    > >> Yes. Pros or cons vs. what?
    > >>

    > > vs nothing. the op didnt ask for comparisons. he asked for the pro's and
    > > con's (good points and bad points) of the said setup
    > >

    > Oh ok, it's better than a Pentium 166 and not as good as an XP 64-3800+.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    > Sorry I wasn't more specific. I had wanted to put together a system with
    > the
    > regular 2500 barton but by the time I got around to it, the 2500's were
    > locked. Now I see that the mobile version is being used with good success
    > on
    > most boards. I was only looking for feedback from those that have the
    > K7N2-Delta-L/Mobile XP2500 combination to see what performance they're
    > getting and whether there are any limitations with the MSI board vs. an
    > Abit
    > NF7, Shuttle AN35N, etc.. Does the MSI bios allow the flexibility the
    > other
    > boards do for overclocking?

    I'm running a 2400+ mobile at 2.4Ghz. 200FSBx12 with 1.675Vcore. The MSI
    board only goes up to 1.8V so if you wanted to get "crazy" it wouldn't be
    your board but it works fine for a 600Mhz overclock. I also have 3 sticks
    of ram (1GB) running fine in dual channel mode. I'm pretty happy with it.
    I can't speak much on the other boards you mention.

    HTH...

MSI-Microstar Mobile Motherboards