Splitting a picture to 4 TVs

It's not exactly a MAME question, sorry but I am trying to take a video
signal TV or DVD and split it up to 4 TVs that are physically mounted
together. So each shows 1/4 of the picture and all of then when all of them
are mounted so they are 2x2, shows the complete picture.

Thanks in advance,

CurtisJon
7 answers Last reply
More about splitting picture

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:20:51 +0000, CurtisJon wrote:

    > It's not exactly a MAME question, sorry but I am trying to take a video
    > signal TV or DVD and split it up to 4 TVs that are physically mounted
    > together. So each shows 1/4 of the picture and all of then when all of them
    > are mounted so they are 2x2, shows the complete picture.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > CurtisJon

    probably not exactly what you are looking for but take a look at this:

    http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/videowhale.html

    Matthew Lenz <matthew@nocturnal.org> wrote in

    > http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/apps/videowhale.html

    Sounds pretty interesting! Thanks for posting about GStreamer.

    I don't see how this would NOT apply, unless the original poster wanted to
    have video-wall effect only during gameplay and not during desktop. Even
    then, surely there's not much of a leap....?

    Of course, you'll want one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/5kchl OR
    http://tinyurl.com/53gsn ) to run it with..... <G>

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007XXX@XXXyahoo.comXXX> wrote in

    > Of course, you'll want one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/5kchl OR
    > http://tinyurl.com/53gsn ) to run it with..... <G>

    Also very interesting! What is the likelihood that any of those Colorgraphic
    cards actually comes with drivers and software that already permit video-wall
    effects? I think if I were putting out the money, I might expect that...

    Hoohoohoo, PCI-E and 4x output! Hoohoohoo...

    Hung N wrote:
    > Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007XXX@XXXyahoo.comXXX> wrote in
    >

    >>Of course, you'll want one of these ( http://tinyurl.com/5kchl OR
    >>http://tinyurl.com/53gsn ) to run it with..... <G>
    >

    > Also very interesting! What is the likelihood that any of those Colorgraphic
    > cards actually comes with drivers and software that already permit video-wall
    > effects? I think if I were putting out the money, I might expect that...
    >
    > Hoohoohoo, PCI-E and 4x output! Hoohoohoo...

    <AHEM> From the 'Features and Specifications' link:
    - OS support for 2000 or XP
    - MultiHead independent video driver support on Windows 2000 or XP
    - MultiScreen video driver support (single display head across multiple
    monitors) with XY overlap
    - MoverTM Window Management software enables easy window placement on
    the MultiScreen desktop
    - SetArray configuration software for easy driver setup of MultiHead and
    MultiScreen

    Also check out the 'Downloads' link.

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad

    Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in

    > <AHEM> From the 'Features and Specifications' link:
    > - OS support for 2000 or XP
    > - MultiHead independent video driver support on Windows 2000 or XP
    > - MultiScreen video driver support (single display head across multiple
    > monitors) with XY overlap
    > - MoverTM Window Management software enables easy window placement on
    > the MultiScreen desktop
    > - SetArray configuration software for easy driver setup of MultiHead and
    > MultiScreen

    So are you basically saying that if you have this hardware, GStreamer is
    useless?

    Hung N wrote:
    > Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in
    >

    >><AHEM> From the 'Features and Specifications' link:
    >>- OS support for 2000 or XP
    >>- MultiHead independent video driver support on Windows 2000 or XP
    >>- MultiScreen video driver support (single display head across multiple
    >>monitors) with XY overlap
    >>- MoverTM Window Management software enables easy window placement on
    >>the MultiScreen desktop
    >>- SetArray configuration software for easy driver setup of MultiHead and
    >>MultiScreen
    >

    > So are you basically saying that if you have this hardware, GStreamer is
    > useless?

    1) /Nothing/ that works well is /ever/ useless.
    2) As I don't have (or ever intend to have) either the hardware /or/
    software mentioned, all I can say is that you would have to see which
    meets your needs the best.

    --
    Thnik about it!
    Dead_Dad