Copy manufactures restore partition

Hi, I am replacing a hard drive for a friend who has a NEC Legend 201 P4
2.5GHZ XP home machine. His restore XP is on a 2gig FAT32 partition on the
faulty hard drive, but the sectors that are damaged are on the NTFS side, so
the partition is accesible. I am trying to copy the partition to the new
drive so that the restore disc can find the partition on the new drive and
reinstall XP. The problem I am having is I cant copy/move the partition with
Paragon Partition manager. It comes up with a message when a copy/move is
made that there are no files to moved in the partition. Is there an easy
way to move this FAT32 partition accross from 1 drive to another? I have
been attempting this on my XP Pro machine with both drives connected to the
system. Can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any advice/info
1 answer Last reply
More about copy manufactures restore partition

    Not matter what you seem to attempt, despite there being files on that
    partition: the operating system has problems with the HDD and this results in
    'no files'.

    This indicates a high degree of corruption on the disk.

    Try calling NEC and see if they have a restore CD that you can buy or have.

    Failing that you'll need a more phorensic approach to data recovery.

    "Mike" wrote:

    > Hi, I am replacing a hard drive for a friend who has a NEC Legend 201 P4
    > 2.5GHZ XP home machine. His restore XP is on a 2gig FAT32 partition on the
    > faulty hard drive, but the sectors that are damaged are on the NTFS side, so
    > the partition is accesible. I am trying to copy the partition to the new
    > drive so that the restore disc can find the partition on the new drive and
    > reinstall XP. The problem I am having is I cant copy/move the partition with
    > Paragon Partition manager. It comes up with a message when a copy/move is
    > made that there are no files to moved in the partition. Is there an easy
    > way to move this FAT32 partition accross from 1 drive to another? I have
    > been attempting this on my XP Pro machine with both drives connected to the
    > system. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    > Thanks for any advice/info

Partition Hard Drives Windows XP