Copy manufactures restore partition

Mike

Splendid

Hi, I am replacing a hard drive for a friend who has a NEC Legend 201 P4
2.5GHZ XP home machine. His restore XP is on a 2gig FAT32 partition on the
faulty hard drive, but the sectors that are damaged are on the NTFS side, so
the partition is accesible. I am trying to copy the partition to the new
drive so that the restore disc can find the partition on the new drive and
reinstall XP. The problem I am having is I cant copy/move the partition with
Paragon Partition manager. It comes up with a message when a copy/move is
made that there are no files to moved in the partition. Is there an easy
way to move this FAT32 partition accross from 1 drive to another? I have
been attempting this on my XP Pro machine with both drives connected to the
system. Can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any advice/info

bar

Not matter what you seem to attempt, despite there being files on that
partition: the operating system has problems with the HDD and this results in
'no files'.

This indicates a high degree of corruption on the disk.

Try calling NEC and see if they have a restore CD that you can buy or have.

Failing that you'll need a more phorensic approach to data recovery.