No Sound on Sony Viao w/XP

February 19, 2005 2:37:01 AM

I am not aware of any change to my sys, except no sound at all. I've done
all the help troublshooting suggestions, I have the same Yamaha device that
came with the viao and am using the same built-in speakers. HELP!!

More about : sound sony viao

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:02:48 PM

Liza wrote:
> I am not aware of any change to my sys, except no sound at all. I've
> done all the help troublshooting suggestions, I have the same Yamaha
> device that came with the viao and am using the same built-in
> speakers. HELP!!

First, check the obvious: is your sound "muted"? Check any little keyboard
buttons that might do this, as well as going to the volume control applet.
Sometimes it is the silly thing - not the complicated thing.

Second, if the above doesn't help - go to the Sony website & get the latest
driver for your sound card, and install it in device manager. Then test
again.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:02:49 PM

Thank you for your reply. I've checked the driver and the mute box. Would
the box be unchecked and some keyboard thing still mute without checking the
box? Any other ideas?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Liza wrote:
> > I am not aware of any change to my sys, except no sound at all. I've
> > done all the help troublshooting suggestions, I have the same Yamaha
> > device that came with the viao and am using the same built-in
> > speakers. HELP!!
>
> First, check the obvious: is your sound "muted"? Check any little keyboard
> buttons that might do this, as well as going to the volume control applet.
> Sometimes it is the silly thing - not the complicated thing.
>
> Second, if the above doesn't help - go to the Sony website & get the latest
> driver for your sound card, and install it in device manager. Then test
> again.

February 20, 2005 9:24:11 PM

Check whether the sound card is detected and installed properly in Device
Manager(Start>Control Panel>System> hardware>Device Manager).

"Liza" <Liza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your reply. I've checked the driver and the mute box.
> Would
> the box be unchecked and some keyboard thing still mute without checking
> the
> box? Any other ideas?
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Liza wrote:
>> > I am not aware of any change to my sys, except no sound at all. I've
>> > done all the help troublshooting suggestions, I have the same Yamaha
>> > device that came with the viao and am using the same built-in
>> > speakers. HELP!!
>>
>> First, check the obvious: is your sound "muted"? Check any little
>> keyboard
>> buttons that might do this, as well as going to the volume control
>> applet.
>> Sometimes it is the silly thing - not the complicated thing.
>>
>> Second, if the above doesn't help - go to the Sony website & get the
>> latest
>> driver for your sound card, and install it in device manager. Then test
>> again.

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 9:24:12 PM

I triple checked and it still says "Yamaha AC-X?" ? is only because I forgot
the last letter, it says it's enable, the driver can't find a better update.
Still no sound of any kind.

"Abhilash Tibrewal(MCSA)" wrote:

> Check whether the sound card is detected and installed properly in Device
> Manager(Start>Control Panel>System> hardware>Device Manager).
>
> "Liza" <Liza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for your reply. I've checked the driver and the mute box.
> > Would
> > the box be unchecked and some keyboard thing still mute without checking
> > the
> > box? Any other ideas?

> >> First, check the obvious: is your sound "muted"? Check any little
> >> keyboard
> >> buttons that might do this, as well as going to the volume control
> >> applet.
> >> Sometimes it is the silly thing - not the complicated thing.
> >>
> >> Second, if the above doesn't help - go to the Sony website & get the
> >> latest
> >> driver for your sound card, and install it in device manager. Then test
> >> again.

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:23:03 PM

I did it. I run Registry Fix and my sound is now working, I don't know why,
but i'm happy. Thank you all for your help, that didn't let me give up
trying things.

"Liza" wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. I've checked the driver and the mute box. Would
> the box be unchecked and some keyboard thing still mute without checking the
> box? Any other ideas?
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
> > Liza wrote:
> > > I am not aware of any change to my sys, except no sound at all. I've
> > > done all the help troublshooting suggestions, I have the same Yamaha
> > > device that came with the viao and am using the same built-in
> > > speakers. HELP!!
> >
> > First, check the obvious: is your sound "muted"? Check any little keyboard
> > buttons that might do this, as well as going to the volume control applet.
> > Sometimes it is the silly thing - not the complicated thing.
> >
> > Second, if the above doesn't help - go to the Sony website & get the latest
> > driver for your sound card, and install it in device manager. Then test
> > again.

November 21, 2009 5:19:02 AM

I was wondering which registry fix did you use? I have the same problem...thank you so much
!