inks for Canon I860 Color Inkjet Printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 3, 2004 10:41:00 PM

I have the Canon I860 printer. The original Canon Inks that came with
the printer produced excellent color prints. When the cartridges were
depleted , I replaced them with generic cartridges from China that
cost between $2 & $3. each. The
results were TERRIBLE. Not knowing the problem was the ink or the
printer, I tossed out all of the generics & inserted genuine Canon
brand that cost approx 4 times as much. The results with the Canon
were excellent and as good as the original prints made when the
printer was first installed.

NOW, I am prepared to purchase only Canon inks. However, if there is
anyone reading this that does use third party inks for their Canon
I860, with results as good as the original Canon inks, please advise!
I'd be interested in knowing.

All replies welcomed that pertain to use in Canon printers only.!

best, Aaron in N. Hollywood
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 3:56:37 AM

Aaron Epstein wrote:
> I have the Canon I860 printer. The original Canon Inks that came with
> the printer produced excellent color prints. When the cartridges were
> depleted , I replaced them with generic cartridges from China that
> cost between $2 & $3. each. The
> results were TERRIBLE. Not knowing the problem was the ink or the
> printer, I tossed out all of the generics & inserted genuine Canon
> brand that cost approx 4 times as much. The results with the Canon
> were excellent and as good as the original prints made when the
> printer was first installed.
>
> NOW, I am prepared to purchase only Canon inks. However, if there is
> anyone reading this that does use third party inks for their Canon
> I860, with results as good as the original Canon inks, please advise!
> I'd be interested in knowing.

Sure. I use only genuine cartridges from Canon (two sets on rotation)
and then refill them with high quality ink from atlanticinkjet.com. This
is the good stuff, it prints like Canon. I've done tests, maybe not of
professional nature, but yet to notice any difference in printouts.
No colour difference, no abnormal fading, and no running or feathering
of text and images. Side by side tests with text seemed identical to
my eyes. I used a magnifier lens to check the feathering.

My original idea was to buy those cheaply priced eBay cartridges that
sell for like $1 or $2 each. I actually ordered two sets, took one look
at them and promptly tossed them out. Correction, I did try the black
cartridge and immediately noticed it was runny, text was extremely
feathered, almost like very wet dot matrix ink. Gross stuff! That was
enough for me to toss the black cartridges, ALONG WITH the color ones,
which I hadn't tried yet, in the garbage! Live and learn.

Never use "Universal" ink or any ink that says it's good for all
printers. It has to be MADE for that printer line or cartridge model.

If you refill, keep the original orange Canon break-off caps, as they
are perfect for sealing the exit hole when refilling. Wrap strong rubber
bands around the cap and the cartridge. I drill a small hole (1/16"
drill) at the top, near the back, fill with ink (Important: 90% full,
not 100%) and then seal the hole with very tiny stainless steel (won't
rust) set screws, size 2-56 x 1/8. The screws and the matching 2-56
Allen Key can be obtained from microfasteners.com. The last time I
bought them they were 20 screws for $2.90. I don't remember the price of
the Allen Key. They're inexpensive anyway. I ordered 5 as they're quite
thin and could break. You probably won't find this special sized Allen
Key in any store. You must order it too, same place.

The screw will go in quite tightly the first time. But you need a tight
fit to avoid leaks. Pay close attention to that little plastic locking
arm that sticks out from the cartridge. Very easily broken off while
handling the cartridge, dooming it. KEEP THAT IN MIND AT ALL TIMES.
I've learned my lesson the hard way.

But I love this screw system (that someone suggested last year) because
it's both efficient and cosmetically attractive. Others have suggested
glue guns. Tried it as a test on a scrap cartridge. I found it an
unattractive, sticky option. You can never be sure the hole is 100%
covered/sealed. The hole that I drill is very small, the needle barely
passes. The set screws are about the height and width of this letter
"I", depending on your screen resolution - or about 2mm wide and a tad
over 3mm long.

After 16 months I've had no clogs, no streaks, no funny color. When one
color is empty I replace all 3 colors as a unit with my backup set of
cartridges. It simplifies the changing operation - doesn't interrupt me
again, sometimes just a few minutes later, or in the middle of long
print job. The black gets changed separately from the color unit.

I'm very satisfied with the ink from Atlanticinkjet. I wouldn't switch.
Costs me about $5 to refill all 4 cartridges. Genuine Canon, with tax,
would set me back about $125 here in Canada if bought at a department
store. I do get a better deal at $75 plus tax at Costco for 2 blacks
and 1 of each colour.

P.S. I do not work for atlanticinkjet. This is just an honest
testimonial since you asked for advice. Note: refilling isn't messy.
At most I get a few little spots on my hands from carelessness. You
may find it challenging the first time until you get a little practice.
Now it's child's play. I've refilled all four major brands of
printers. By far the Canon is easiest with their transparent cartridges.
You always know exactly how full it is when refilling and you never have
to wait until they stop dripping after refilling. They simply do not
drip, like Lexmark and HP cartridges.

-Taliesyn
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 11:51:36 AM

Dear Taliesyn: thank's for your very informative reply. It's filled
with good info. I don't know if I'm ready to tackle refilling
cartriges yet, but I did go to Atlanticinkjet's web site and saw that
they sell ink in their own "compatible" cartridges. Do you or anyone
reading this have experience with
these cartridges and the ink that is in them?

Also, you mentioned having to drill holes in genuine Canon cartridges
in order to refill them. Does Atlantic Ink or any other vendor sell
empty cartridges that do not need holes drilled in them for fillling?

Again, thank you for your input. It is well appreciated! Aaron

Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<40E77FF5.6080307@netscape.net>...
> [...]
>
> I'm very satisfied with the ink from Atlanticinkjet. I wouldn't switch.
> Costs me about $5 to refill all 4 cartridges. Genuine Canon, with tax,
> would set me back about $125 here in Canada if bought at a department
> store. I do get a better deal at $75 plus tax at Costco for 2 blacks
> and 1 of each colour.
>
> P.S. I do not work for atlanticinkjet. This is just an honest
> testimonial since you asked for advice. Note: refilling isn't messy.
> At most I get a few little spots on my hands from carelessness. You
> may find it challenging the first time until you get a little practice.
> Now it's child's play. I've refilled all four major brands of
> printers. By far the Canon is easiest with their transparent cartridges.
> You always know exactly how full it is when refilling and you never have
> to wait until they stop dripping after refilling. They simply do not

July 4, 2004 12:10:25 PM

Aaron Epstein wrote:

> I have the Canon I860 printer. The original Canon Inks that came with
> the printer produced excellent color prints. When the cartridges were
> depleted , I replaced them with generic cartridges from China that
> cost between $2 & $3. each. The
> results were TERRIBLE. Not knowing the problem was the ink or the
> printer, I tossed out all of the generics & inserted genuine Canon
> brand that cost approx 4 times as much. The results with the Canon
> were excellent and as good as the original prints made when the
> printer was first installed.
>
> NOW, I am prepared to purchase only Canon inks. However, if there is
> anyone reading this that does use third party inks for their Canon
> I860, with results as good as the original Canon inks, please advise!
> I'd be interested in knowing.
>
> All replies welcomed that pertain to use in Canon printers only.!
>
> best, Aaron in N. Hollywood

I can tell you what I've done and experienced so far. I purchase bulk
ink from www.inksupply.com and they have a good reputation for quality
inks. In addition to buying ink in bottles I purchased a set of
"generics" from them. My thinking was a Co that had a good reputation
for qlty inks wasn't going to ruin it with junk generics.

This past week it was time to replace the color carts so in went the
generics. Have printed quite a few photos this week and I'm real
pleased with these cheap carts. Refilled the original carts with the
bulk ink and sealed the carts with the rubber plugs that are
available. Just took a look at the refilled carts and none are
leaking. Would think if they were going to leak one would see it
after a weeks time.

The generics from inksupply run about $4-5 each but they have a full
set of 5 for the I860 for $18. No brand name on them but package does
indicate they were made in a ISO9001 factory. The price was right and
when I have need to another set of carts for refilling, I would go
this way again.

Mickey
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:42:19 PM

Dear Taliesyn: PS to my previous post. I wrote to Atlantic via
e-mail asking if the ink in their cartridges was the SAME as the
refill ink that they sell & their reply was that it may be different.
This being the situation, and that you strongly recommend Atlantic
refill ink, is there any vendor that sells cartridges that contain the
same ink as Atlantic ink, OR, contain ink that is as satisfactory as
the ink in original Canon cartridges?

best, Aaron

> [...]
>
> I'm very satisfied with the ink from Atlanticinkjet. I wouldn't switch.
> Costs me about $5 to refill all 4 cartridges. Genuine Canon, with tax,
> would set me back about $125 here in Canada if bought at a department
> store. I do get a better deal at $75 plus tax at Costco for 2 blacks
> and 1 of each colour.
>
> P.S. I do not work for atlanticinkjet. This is just an honest
> testimonial since you asked for advice. Note: refilling isn't messy.
> At most I get a few little spots on my hands from carelessness. You
> may find it challenging the first time until you get a little practice.
> Now it's child's play. I've refilled all four major brands of
> printers. By far the Canon is easiest with their transparent cartridges.
> You always know exactly how full it is when refilling and you never have
> to wait until they stop dripping after refilling. They simply do not

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 7:42:19 PM

Aaron Epstein wrote:
> Dear Taliesyn: PS to my previous post. I wrote to Atlantic via
> e-mail asking if the ink in their cartridges was the SAME as the
> refill ink that they sell & their reply was that it may be different.
> This being the situation, and that you strongly recommend Atlantic
> refill ink, is there any vendor that sells cartridges that contain the
> same ink as Atlantic ink, OR, contain ink that is as satisfactory as
> the ink in original Canon cartridges?
>
> best, Aaron

Aaron,

Yes, I've heard that too, that their cartridges contain different inks.
That's why I stick with their proven bulk inks.

There are cartridges with "OEM Quality" ink, but I don't have any
further info as to who sells them. I remember checking last year but
found the cost still too high for me here in Canada (shipping, two
taxes, currency exchange, etc). Atlantic has separate divisions in
Canada and the US, so it's convenient for me.

Refilling may be a bit of a challenge if you've never done it. But
now it's second nature for me ("easy as pie"). The job is made easier
because the cartridges are see through (you always see how much you've
put it) and they don't leak from the bottom after refilling like those
from HP and Lexmark (provided you inserted the screw!).

-Taliesyn
July 4, 2004 9:34:41 PM

Taliesyn wrote:

>Sure. I use only genuine cartridges from Canon (two sets on rotation)
>and then refill them with high quality ink from atlanticinkjet.com. This
>is the good stuff, it prints like Canon. I've done tests, maybe not of
>professional nature, but yet to notice any difference in printouts.
>No colour difference, no abnormal fading, and no running or feathering
>of text and images. Side by side tests with text seemed identical to
>my eyes. I used a magnifier lens to check the feathering.

I concur, AtlanticInkjet refill kits and bulk ink is a good choice. I've
had nothing but good results with their ink and Office Depot photo
paper.

>But I love this screw system (that someone suggested last year) because
>it's both efficient and cosmetically attractive. Others have suggested
>glue guns. Tried it as a test on a scrap cartridge. I found it an
>unattractive, sticky option. You can never be sure the hole is 100%
>covered/sealed.

Just and FYI, AtlanticInkjet includes in its kits a ball-seal remover
and replacement ball-seals to securely reseal the original refill hole.
There is no need to drill holes and use screws. The refill kits also
have clip-on attachments to seal the exit hole so you don't get any
leaks when refilling.

Using the supplied tools, it takes me about 5 minutes to refill all four
cartridges without making a mess or spilling a drop of ink.
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 11:04:08 PM

Bill wrote:
> Taliesyn wrote:
>
> [edited]
>
> Just and FYI, AtlanticInkjet includes in its kits a ball-seal remover
> and replacement ball-seals to securely reseal the original refill hole.
> There is no need to drill holes and use screws. The refill kits also
> have clip-on attachments to seal the exit hole so you don't get any
> leaks when refilling.
>
> Using the supplied tools, it takes me about 5 minutes to refill all four
> cartridges without making a mess or spilling a drop of ink.

You mean no more drill and screw? But I was enjoying the bit of
carpentry work on my cartridges! Someone always finds a way to take
the fun out of work...

And I suppose the refill hole is large enough to accommodate the
little needle nosed plastic refill bottles they sell. Gee, that would
eliminate just about all the tricky work, like hoping we won't spill
the bottle when filling the syringes. I'll have to check this out with
my next order.

Thanks for tip, Bill!

-Taliesyn
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 11:42:16 AM

On 4 Jul 2004 09:42:19 -0700, aaronep@pacbell.net (Aaron Epstein)
wrote:

>Dear Taliesyn: PS to my previous post. I wrote to Atlantic via
>e-mail asking if the ink in their cartridges was the SAME as the
>refill ink that they sell & their reply was that it may be different.
>This being the situation, and that you strongly recommend Atlantic
>refill ink, is there any vendor that sells cartridges that contain the
>same ink as Atlantic ink, OR, contain ink that is as satisfactory as
>the ink in original Canon cartridges?
>
>best, Aaron

www.alotofthings.com

They also use forumlabs ink in most of their cartridges. You would
have to email Joe to see if its used in your needed cartridge.

I would suggest getting bulk inks as well. You can also get blank
cartridges that are made to refill. They have a rubber plug that
removes for refilling. It can not be simpler
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 1:03:03 PM

Hi Mickey: thank's for report on your experience.! I do have a
question. What does ISO9001 mean? best, Aaron

Mickey <mickey@webster.com> wrote in message news:<10eg7e5amouc32c@corp.supernews.com>...
> Aaron Epstein wrote:
>
> > I have the Canon I860 printer. The original Canon Inks that came with
> > the printer produced excellent color prints. When the cartridges were
> > depleted , I replaced them with generic cartridges from China that
> > cost between $2 & $3. each. The
> > results were TERRIBLE. Not knowing the problem was the ink or the
> > printer, I tossed out all of the generics & inserted genuine Canon
> > brand that cost approx 4 times as much. The results with the Canon
> > were excellent and as good as the original prints made when the
> > printer was first installed.
> >
> > NOW, I am prepared to purchase only Canon inks. However, if there is
> > anyone reading this that does use third party inks for their Canon
> > I860, with results as good as the original Canon inks, please advise!
> > I'd be interested in knowing.
> >
> > All replies welcomed that pertain to use in Canon printers only.!
> >
> > best, Aaron in N. Hollywood
>
> I can tell you what I've done and experienced so far. I purchase bulk
> ink from www.inksupply.com and they have a good reputation for quality
> inks. In addition to buying ink in bottles I purchased a set of
> "generics" from them. My thinking was a Co that had a good reputation
> for qlty inks wasn't going to ruin it with junk generics.
>
> This past week it was time to replace the color carts so in went the
> generics. Have printed quite a few photos this week and I'm real
> pleased with these cheap carts. Refilled the original carts with the
> bulk ink and sealed the carts with the rubber plugs that are
> available. Just took a look at the refilled carts and none are
> leaking. Would think if they were going to leak one would see it
> after a weeks time.
>
> The generics from inksupply run about $4-5 each but they have a full
> set of 5 for the I860 for $18. No brand name on them but package does
> indicate they were made in a ISO9001 factory. The price was right and
> when I have need to another set of carts for refilling, I would go
> this way again.
>
> Mickey
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 1:32:24 PM

beezer wrote:
> On 4 Jul 2004 09:42:19 -0700, aaronep@pacbell.net (Aaron Epstein)
> wrote:
>

>>Dear Taliesyn: PS to my previous post. I wrote to Atlantic via
>>e-mail asking if the ink in their cartridges was the SAME as the
>>refill ink that they sell & their reply was that it may be different.
>>This being the situation, and that you strongly recommend Atlantic
>>refill ink, is there any vendor that sells cartridges that contain the
>>same ink as Atlantic ink, OR, contain ink that is as satisfactory as
>>the ink in original Canon cartridges?
>>
>>best, Aaron
>

> www.alotofthings.com
>
> They also use forumlabs ink in most of their cartridges. You would
> have to email Joe to see if its used in your needed cartridge.
>
> I would suggest getting bulk inks as well. You can also get blank
> cartridges that are made to refill. They have a rubber plug that
> removes for refilling. It can not be simpler

It should be simpler. alotofthings.com doesn't ship outside the US.

But no need, atlanticinkjet.com does ship - it has separate divisions
in the US and Canada. I don't know about shipments to elsewhere, you'd
have to inquire.

-Taliesyn
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 5:23:55 PM

Aaron Epstein wrote:
> Hi Mickey: thank's for report on your experience.! I do have a
> question. What does ISO9001 mean? best, Aaron

From the iso.org website:...

"An ISO standard is a documented agreement containing technical
specifications or other precise criteria to be used consistently as
rules, guidelines, or definitions of characteristics to ensure that
materials, products, processes and services are fit for their purpose.
It is a living agreement that can have a profound influence on things
that deserve to be taken seriously - such as the safety, reliability and
efficiency of machinery and tools, means of transport, toys, medical
devices, and so on."

This is merely a document showing that the factory respects certain
standards, such as product consistancy and safety/reliability concerns.

Important: It DOES NOT mean that any ink they manufacture will match
Canon or any other maker's ink! That is not the aim of the ISO
organization.

-Taliesyn

>>The generics from inksupply run about $4-5 each but they have a full
>>set of 5 for the I860 for $18. No brand name on them but package does
>>indicate they were made in a ISO9001 factory. The price was right and
>>when I have need to another set of carts for refilling, I would go
>>this way again.
>>
>>Mickey

Anonymous
July 5, 2004 6:54:43 PM

I have been buying bulk ink from inksupply as well. Over two years now
with total satisfaction. And I'm not easy to satisfy. A freiend who is
a photographer (and sells his prints) turned me on to them. I've done
extensive testing and comparing to Canon OEM ink. I can produce
identicle results with the inksupply ink. I usually increase the
intensity slightly since I do like my prints to be on the "vibrant"
side.

I buy the ink for the Canon 800 series (for my s820) and use it in my
i320s and BJC6000 as well. I tried generic i320 cart that was awful.
But instead of throwing it out, I flushed out the ink with inksupply
ink and got perfect results. In fact I like the generic cart internal
material better. It seems to hold ink better than the Canon OEM carts
do. I've confirmed this by weighing them after refill.

In fact I have two HP printers that I tried that same 800 series ink
in (since I discovered Canon printers I will not be buying anything
for the HPs). And I couldn't believe it. I had successful refills with
the HP 78 & 41 carts. It was always hit & miss before.

I've been refilling for over two years with inksupply (missupply) ink
and couldn't be happier. And it's even better since I'm only buying
"ONE" type of ink and using it in the s820,i320,bjc600,HP1115 & HP812

Using that ink and Canon printers, I can produce better looking prints
than
Costco,Walmart,Ritz,Ofoto & Club Photo. And I know that because I use
the same set of photos that were printer at all those places to
compare to mine. I'm always showing people so that they can see what
they can do as well.

Canon carts are so easy to refill. Unlike HP. And once you get your
little system set up and become more familiar with it, you'll love it.
I have it down to a science now. I'm really fast (and clean) at it
now.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 12:35:37 PM

Note to Taliesyn, Beezer, MIckey, & Cycler Jim: Thank you all for
your very informative posts in reply to my original questions.

As my desire at this time is to obtain cartridges with quality ink,
and as some vendors sell quality ink in bulk, but may use a different
ink in their cartridges, I've ordered a set of cartridges from
ALOTOFTHINGS as persons have posted that their bulk ink is quality and
ALOTOFTHINGS assured me that their cartrdges ARE filled with the same
ink as their bulk ink.

As my printer is now filled with Canon cartridges and ink, it may take
some time before I insert the ALOTOFTHINGS ink, but when I do, I'll
report my own results.

If their ink does prove satisfactory, I'll then investigate refill
kits.

Again, my appreciation to all who replied to my original question.
Bless!

Aaron in N. Hollywood

cyclerjimmy@hotmail.com (CyclerJim) wrote in message news:<23713f45.0407051354.665c72a0@posting.google.com>...
> I have been buying bulk ink from inksupply as well. Over two years now
> with total satisfaction. And I'm not easy to satisfy. A freiend who is
> a photographer (and sells his prints) turned me on to them. I've done
> extensive testing and comparing to Canon OEM ink. I can produce
> identicle results with the inksupply ink. I usually increase the
> intensity slightly since I do like my prints to be on the "vibrant"
> side.
>
> I buy the ink for the Canon 800 series (for my s820) and use it in my
> i320s and BJC6000 as well. I tried generic i320 cart that was awful.
> But instead of throwing it out, I flushed out the ink with inksupply
> ink and got perfect results. In fact I like the generic cart internal
> material better. It seems to hold ink better than the Canon OEM carts
> do. I've confirmed this by weighing them after refill.
>
> In fact I have two HP printers that I tried that same 800 series ink
> in (since I discovered Canon printers I will not be buying anything
> for the HPs). And I couldn't believe it. I had successful refills with
> the HP 78 & 41 carts. It was always hit & miss before.
>
> I've been refilling for over two years with inksupply (missupply) ink
> and couldn't be happier. And it's even better since I'm only buying
> "ONE" type of ink and using it in the s820,i320,bjc600,HP1115 & HP812
>
> Using that ink and Canon printers, I can produce better looking prints
> than
> Costco,Walmart,Ritz,Ofoto & Club Photo. And I know that because I use
> the same set of photos that were printer at all those places to
> compare to mine. I'm always showing people so that they can see what
> they can do as well.
>
> Canon carts are so easy to refill. Unlike HP. And once you get your
> little system set up and become more familiar with it, you'll love it.
> I have it down to a science now. I'm really fast (and clean) at it
> now.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 4:48:23 PM

On 6 Jul 2004 08:35:37 -0700, aaronep@pacbell.net (Aaron Epstein)
wrote:

>Note to Taliesyn, Beezer, MIckey, & Cycler Jim: Thank you all for
>your very informative posts in reply to my original questions.
>
>As my desire at this time is to obtain cartridges with quality ink,
>and as some vendors sell quality ink in bulk, but may use a different
>ink in their cartridges, I've ordered a set of cartridges from
>ALOTOFTHINGS as persons have posted that their bulk ink is quality and
>ALOTOFTHINGS assured me that their cartrdges ARE filled with the same
>ink as their bulk ink.
>
>As my printer is now filled with Canon cartridges and ink, it may take
>some time before I insert the ALOTOFTHINGS ink, but when I do, I'll
>report my own results.
>
>If their ink does prove satisfactory, I'll then investigate refill
>kits.
>
>Again, my appreciation to all who replied to my original question.
>Bless!
>
>Aaron in N. Hollywood

I am sure you will be very satisfied as long as Joe said your
cartridge model contains Formulabs ink then its the same as the bulk
ink and you will be good to go.
July 6, 2004 7:03:44 PM

Taliesyn wrote:

>> Just and FYI, AtlanticInkjet includes in its kits a ball-seal remover
>> and replacement ball-seals to securely reseal the original refill hole.
>> There is no need to drill holes and use screws. The refill kits also
>> have clip-on attachments to seal the exit hole so you don't get any
>> leaks when refilling.
>>
>> Using the supplied tools, it takes me about 5 minutes to refill all four
>> cartridges without making a mess or spilling a drop of ink.
>
>You mean no more drill and screw? But I was enjoying the bit of
>carpentry work on my cartridges! Someone always finds a way to take
>the fun out of work...

Sorry to have to do that, but I don't like extra work!
:)

>And I suppose the refill hole is large enough to accommodate the
>little needle nosed plastic refill bottles they sell.

I don't have any of those bottles, so I can't be sure, but the size of
the fill hole is about 1/8 inch - enough room to insert about 3 syringe
needles, if that gives you any idea.

> Gee, that would
>eliminate just about all the tricky work, like hoping we won't spill
>the bottle when filling the syringes. I'll have to check this out with
>my next order.

When you inquire, ask about rubber plugs. The last time I emailed them,
they mentioned they might be getting a supplier for reusable rubber
plugs instead of the little rubber ball-seals. They would be easier to
use and make it even faster to refill.

I haven't ordered yet, but I'll be ordering again soon. If you find out
first, let us know.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 9:09:18 PM

Be careful Aaron:

Taliesyn seems to be flooding the newsgroups with AtlanticInkjet.com.
See for yourself:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

Ron Cohen and beezer seem to be flooding with alotofthings.com:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

Also, tomcas flooding with Inksupply.com:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

These people may be affiliated with those companies. I would look for
other feedback/reviews of those companies and other companies first,
before ordering any refills.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 12:31:41 PM

OK Roland: the persons you mentioned very kindly responded to my
questions, posted several times in different ways. If you believe the
advice offered was inaccurate, please post names of vendors who have
sold YOU inkjet cartridges for the Canon that DID work as well as
Canon originals. Aaron

morechoices2004@yahoo.com (Roland Marsey) wrote in message news:<47522812.0407061609.3df12ce1@posting.google.com>...
> Be careful Aaron:
>
> Taliesyn seems to be flooding the newsgroups with AtlanticInkjet.com.
> See for yourself:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
> Ron Cohen and beezer seem to be flooding with alotofthings.com:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
> Also, tomcas flooding with Inksupply.com:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
> These people may be affiliated with those companies. I would look for
> other feedback/reviews of those companies and other companies first,
> before ordering any refills.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 1:26:54 PM

For what it's worth, Iv'e been thru about 4 refills of every cartridge in my
cannon 820 with their bulk ink and it works great and the color match to
cannon is right on.

"Aaron Epstein" <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Note to Taliesyn, Beezer, MIckey, & Cycler Jim: Thank you all for
> your very informative posts in reply to my original questions.
>
> As my desire at this time is to obtain cartridges with quality ink,
> and as some vendors sell quality ink in bulk, but may use a different
> ink in their cartridges, I've ordered a set of cartridges from
> ALOTOFTHINGS as persons have posted that their bulk ink is quality and
> ALOTOFTHINGS assured me that their cartrdges ARE filled with the same
> ink as their bulk ink.
>
> As my printer is now filled with Canon cartridges and ink, it may take
> some time before I insert the ALOTOFTHINGS ink, but when I do, I'll
> report my own results.
>
> If their ink does prove satisfactory, I'll then investigate refill
> kits.
>
> Again, my appreciation to all who replied to my original question.
> Bless!
>
> Aaron in N. Hollywood
>

> cyclerjimmy@hotmail.com (CyclerJim) wrote in message
> > I have been buying bulk ink from inksupply as well. Over two years now
> > with total satisfaction. And I'm not easy to satisfy. A freiend who is
> > a photographer (and sells his prints) turned me on to them. I've done
> > extensive testing and comparing to Canon OEM ink. I can produce
> > identicle results with the inksupply ink. I usually increase the
> > intensity slightly since I do like my prints to be on the "vibrant"
> > side.
> >
> > I buy the ink for the Canon 800 series (for my s820) and use it in my
> > i320s and BJC6000 as well. I tried generic i320 cart that was awful.
> > But instead of throwing it out, I flushed out the ink with inksupply
> > ink and got perfect results. In fact I like the generic cart internal
> > material better. It seems to hold ink better than the Canon OEM carts
> > do. I've confirmed this by weighing them after refill.
> >
> > In fact I have two HP printers that I tried that same 800 series ink
> > in (since I discovered Canon printers I will not be buying anything
> > for the HPs). And I couldn't believe it. I had successful refills with
> > the HP 78 & 41 carts. It was always hit & miss before.
> >
> > I've been refilling for over two years with inksupply (missupply) ink
> > and couldn't be happier. And it's even better since I'm only buying
> > "ONE" type of ink and using it in the s820,i320,bjc600,HP1115 & HP812
> >
> > Using that ink and Canon printers, I can produce better looking prints
> > than
> > Costco,Walmart,Ritz,Ofoto & Club Photo. And I know that because I use
> > the same set of photos that were printer at all those places to
> > compare to mine. I'm always showing people so that they can see what
> > they can do as well.
> >
> > Canon carts are so easy to refill. Unlike HP. And once you get your
> > little system set up and become more familiar with it, you'll love it.
> > I have it down to a science now. I'm really fast (and clean) at it
> > now.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 1:32:12 PM

Aaron Epstein wrote:
> Hi Mickey: thank's for report on your experience.! I do have a
> question. What does ISO9001 mean? best, Aaron
>
> Mickey <mickey@webster.com> wrote in message news:<10eg7e5amouc32c@corp.supernews.com>...

ISO = International Standards Organization.

9001 was an attempt to define a process to insure quality. But it
does not define the level of quality. To put it simply, you document
what you are going to do, you do what you said you were going to do
and them be able to verify you've done what you said. Theoretically,
you could meet 9001 by saying you're going to build junk, actually
build junk and then be able to prove you've built junk.

What one should get from noting a company is ISO 9001 certified is,
they have controls in place that assures they do the same thing the
same way repeatedly and can verify.

Mickey
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 5:02:07 PM

On 6 Jul 2004 17:09:18 -0700, morechoices2004@yahoo.com (Roland
Marsey) wrote:

>Be careful Aaron:
>
>Taliesyn seems to be flooding the newsgroups with AtlanticInkjet.com.
>See for yourself:
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
>Ron Cohen and beezer seem to be flooding with alotofthings.com:
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
>Also, tomcas flooding with Inksupply.com:
>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...
>
>These people may be affiliated with those companies. I would look for
>other feedback/reviews of those companies and other companies first,
>before ordering any refills.

Sorry but I have no part of alotofthings.com or inkjetgoodies.com.
You may google and find the consensus here agree that they are quality
products.

Just printer users helping other printer users.
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 10:17:13 PM

I've received shipment today from ALOTOFTHINGS of ink cartridges I
ordered
yesterday for my Canon I860 printer. The brand name on the boxes says
ARROW.
There was no other info about them (their phone #, address,etc.).
Does anyone know if their ink is FORMULAB inks that many persons on
this group recommend?

best, Aaron

"Crhoff" <crh-nospam-off@downeast.net> wrote in message news:<edCdnZqoJo_TZXbdRVn-sQ@acadia.net>...
> [...]
> > > the HP 78 & 41 carts. It was always hit & miss before.
> > >
> > > I've been refilling for over two years with inksupply (missupply) ink
> > > and couldn't be happier. And it's even better since I'm only buying
> > > "ONE" type of ink and using it in the s820,i320,bjc600,HP1115 & HP812
> > >
> > > Using that ink and Canon printers, I can produce better looking prints
> > > than
> > > Costco,Walmart,Ritz,Ofoto & Club Photo. And I know that because I use
> > > the same set of photos that were printer at all those places to
> > > compare to mine. I'm always showing people so that they can see what
> > > they can do as well.
> > >
> > > Canon carts are so easy to refill. Unlike HP. And once you get your
> > > little system set up and become more familiar with it, you'll love it.
> > > I have it down to a science now. I'm really fast (and clean) at it
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 5:55:12 AM

Some of the Arrow Inkjet cartridges
use Sension-Formulabs inks and some use IDG.

The problem will not be... is it Formulabs ink?, the problem
will be is it formulabs ink for Canon. over half of
the 3rd party canon cartridges we tested have been
filled with formulabs inks for the Epson 1280 instead
of a proper Canon formulation.

Formulabs makes a decent economy ink,
just be sure its the right ink. Some of the foriegn
manufacturers cut corners on the Canon compatibles
by using the Epson inks since they can get a much better
price when the buy the inks in large quantities.

Our testing of the Arrow inkjet BCI-6 inks showed that
ink was the Formulabs Canon ink. The pigment black
cartridge was an HP #45 ink, too grey, when it should
have been Canon BC-23 black pigment ink.

--
WeInk.com Technical Support
Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759
> I've received shipment today from ALOTOFTHINGS of ink cartridges I
> ordered
> yesterday for my Canon I860 printer. The brand name on the boxes says
> ARROW.
> There was no other info about them (their phone #, address,etc.).
> Does anyone know if their ink is FORMULAB inks that many persons on
> this group recommend?
>
> best, Aaron
>

> "Crhoff" <crh-nospam-off@downeast.net> wrote in message
> > For what it's worth, Iv'e been thru about 4 refills of every cartridge
in my
> > cannon 820 with their bulk ink and it works great and the color match to
> > cannon is right on.
> >
> > "Aaron Epstein" <aaronep@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > > Note to Taliesyn, Beezer, MIckey, & Cycler Jim: Thank you all for
> > > your very informative posts in reply to my original questions.
> > >
> > > As my desire at this time is to obtain cartridges with quality ink,
> > > and as some vendors sell quality ink in bulk, but may use a different
> > > ink in their cartridges, I've ordered a set of cartridges from
> > > ALOTOFTHINGS as persons have posted that their bulk ink is quality and
> > > ALOTOFTHINGS assured me that their cartrdges ARE filled with the same
> > > ink as their bulk ink.
> > >
> > > As my printer is now filled with Canon cartridges and ink, it may take
> > > some time before I insert the ALOTOFTHINGS ink, but when I do, I'll
> > > report my own results.
> > >
> > > If their ink does prove satisfactory, I'll then investigate refill
> > > kits.
> > >
> > > Again, my appreciation to all who replied to my original question.
> > > Bless!
> > >
> > > Aaron in N. Hollywood
> > >

> > > cyclerjimmy@hotmail.com (CyclerJim) wrote in message

ink
HP812

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:14:49 PM

On 7 Jul 2004 18:17:13 -0700, aaronep@pacbell.net (Aaron Epstein)
wrote:

>I've received shipment today from ALOTOFTHINGS of ink cartridges I
>ordered
>yesterday for my Canon I860 printer. The brand name on the boxes says
>ARROW.
>There was no other info about them (their phone #, address,etc.).
>Does anyone know if their ink is FORMULAB inks that many persons on
>this group recommend?
>
>best, Aaron

I belive you emailed Joe at atlotofthings.com and inquired about the
ink. If he said it was the proper ink for your printer then I assure
you, the ink is correct for your printer. I wouldnt sweat over it.
Give it a whirl.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 12:11:42 AM

You're right. Our secret is out. We are affiliated with these companies. How
is that so? We order and use their products just like any other consumer and
pay the going rate. We even go so far as to e-mail or call them with
questions. Obviously we are satisfied consumers and want to help other
printer users. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT????
--
Ron Cohen

"Roland Marsey" <morechoices2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Be careful Aaron:
>
> Taliesyn seems to be flooding the newsgroups with AtlanticInkjet.com.
> See for yourself:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

> Ron Cohen and beezer seem to be flooding with alotofthings.com:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

> Also, tomcas flooding with Inksupply.com:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2...

> These people may be affiliated with those companies. I would look for
> other feedback/reviews of those companies and other companies first,
> before ordering any refills.

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.