When I turn off my computer, my LED is still lit with a green light.

It turns off when I turn the swith off from the back side of the power
supply.

When I turn it back on, of course the LED goes back on, however my side fan
briefly comes on and stops.

Can anyone help?

Check your power settings, "turn off" may actually be
hibernation or sleep, so the light would stay ON. The side
fan may be thermostatically controlled.

Tim Smith wrote:
> When I turn off my computer, my LED is still lit with a green light.
>
> It turns off when I turn the swith off from the back side of the power
> supply.
>
> When I turn it back on, of course the LED goes back on, however my side fan
> briefly comes on and stops.
>
> Can anyone help?

A friend of mine has a board that does that and we only noticed it
because we never put the cases back on anything. It seems like it is
just a status light to say that the power supply is OK and the board is
OK too. If it goes off, THEN you worry.
Bill Baka

"Tim Smith" <timmys@xmail.com> wrote in message
> When I turn off my computer, my LED is still lit with a green light.
>
> It turns off when I turn the swith off from the back side of the power
> supply.
>
> When I turn it back on, of course the LED goes back on, however my side
fan
> briefly comes on and stops.
>
> Can anyone help?

This is so by design. If it worries you, turn off the power
switch at the back.

Thanks for the replies. That's puts my mind at ease.

On another note, which might be related to power supplies, my front lighting
system no longer operates. I have a front side and my side fan which
illuminate a blue light.

The front side no longer operates. It is connected. It went from working to
just blacking out.

Any ideas on that?

"b_baka" <bbaka@syix.com> wrote in message
> Tim Smith wrote:
>> When I turn off my computer, my LED is still lit with a green light.
>>
>> It turns off when I turn the swith off from the back side of the power
>> supply.
>>
>> When I turn it back on, of course the LED goes back on, however my side
>> fan briefly comes on and stops.
>>
>> Can anyone help?
> A friend of mine has a board that does that and we only noticed it because
> we never put the cases back on anything. It seems like it is just a status
> light to say that the power supply is OK and the board is OK too. If it
> goes off, THEN you worry.
> Bill Baka

Get three hundred fireflies or just test the bulb to see if
it is blown. If you have a meter test the voltage on the
line.

| Thanks for the replies. That's puts my mind at ease.
|
| On another note, which might be related to power supplies,
my front lighting
| system no longer operates. I have a front side and my side
fan which
| illuminate a blue light.
|
| The front side no longer operates. It is connected. It
went from working to
| just blacking out.
|
| Any ideas on that?
|
| "b_baka" <bbaka@syix.com> wrote in message
| > Tim Smith wrote:
| >> When I turn off my computer, my LED is still lit with a
green light.

| >> It turns off when I turn the swith off from the back
side of the power
| >> supply.
| >>
| >> When I turn it back on, of course the LED goes back on,
however my side
| >> fan briefly comes on and stops.
| >>
| >> Can anyone help?
| > A friend of mine has a board that does that and we only
noticed it because
| > we never put the cases back on anything. It seems like
it is just a status
| > light to say that the power supply is OK and the board
is OK too. If it
| > goes off, THEN you worry.
| > Bill Baka

Does the fan still work? That's all that is really important, isn't
it?

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:13:59 -0800, "Tim Smith" <timmys@xmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for the replies. That's puts my mind at ease.
>
>On another note, which might be related to power supplies, my front lighting
>system no longer operates. I have a front side and my side fan which
>illuminate a blue light.
>
>The front side no longer operates. It is connected. It went from working to
>just blacking out.
>
>Any ideas on that?
>
>"b_baka" <bbaka@syix.com> wrote in message
>> Tim Smith wrote:
>>> When I turn off my computer, my LED is still lit with a green light.
>>>
>>> It turns off when I turn the swith off from the back side of the power
>>> supply.
>>>
>>> When I turn it back on, of course the LED goes back on, however my side
>>> fan briefly comes on and stops.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help?
>> A friend of mine has a board that does that and we only noticed it because
>> we never put the cases back on anything. It seems like it is just a status
>> light to say that the power supply is OK and the board is OK too. If it
>> goes off, THEN you worry.
>> Bill Baka

Yes, the fan does work. I would like the front lighting system to work
though.

"NobodyMan" <none@none.net> wrote in message
> Does the fan still work? That's all that is really important, isn't
> it?
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:13:59 -0800, "Tim Smith" <timmys@xmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the replies. That's puts my mind at ease.
>>
>>On another note, which might be related to power supplies, my front
>>lighting
>>system no longer operates. I have a front side and my side fan which
>>illuminate a blue light.
>>
>>The front side no longer operates. It is connected. It went from working
>>just blacking out.
>>
>>Any ideas on that?
>>
>>"b_baka" <bbaka@syix.com> wrote in message

>>> A friend of mine has a board that does that and we only noticed it
>>> because
>>> we never put the cases back on anything. It seems like it is just a
>>> status
>>> light to say that the power supply is OK and the board is OK too. If it
>>> goes off, THEN you worry.
>>> Bill Baka

Different strokes. I would be happy the system is cooling and not
worry about the cool "color" but that's me.

Sounds like the bulb is blown. I don't know if it's replacable.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:34:23 -0800, "Tim Smith" <timmys@xmail.com>
wrote:

>Yes, the fan does work. I would like the front lighting system to work
>though.
>
>"NobodyMan" <none@none.net> wrote in message
>> Does the fan still work? That's all that is really important, isn't
>> it?
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:13:59 -0800, "Tim Smith" <timmys@xmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks for the replies. That's puts my mind at ease.
>>>
>>>On another note, which might be related to power supplies, my front
>>>lighting
>>>system no longer operates. I have a front side and my side fan which
>>>illuminate a blue light.
>>>
>>>The front side no longer operates. It is connected. It went from working
>>>just blacking out.
>>>
>>>Any ideas on that?
>>>
>>>"b_baka" <bbaka@syix.com> wrote in message

TRENDING THREADS