Hi All,
Please can anyone help with a very annoying problem.........
My CD Rom Drive will not autorun any CD Roms (installation discs etc). Music
CD's are fine and play correctly. It recognises the disc, and via my computer
will list all of the contained files, but will not run the disc, either
automatically, or via my computer or 'Run'. I've tried a different DVD Rom
Drive in the same pc, but it still has the same problem??

I'm trying to instal a Netgear Wireless Router, but without being ale to run
the setup CD, it's an impossible task. (wait for the next posts when my CD's
running)!

Any suggestions will be gratefully received - thankyou.

Sass wrote:
> Hi All, Please can anyone help with a very annoying problem.........
> My CD Rom Drive will not autorun any CD Roms (installation discs
> etc). Music CD's are fine and play correctly. It recognises the disc,
> and via my computer will list all of the contained files, but will
> not run the disc, either automatically, or via my computer or 'Run'.
> I've tried a different DVD Rom Drive in the same pc, but it still has
> the same problem??
>
> I'm trying to instal a Netgear Wireless Router, but without being ale
> to run the setup CD, it's an impossible task. (wait for the next
> posts when my CD's running)!
>
> Any suggestions will be gratefully received - thankyou.

Try this -> http://www.theeldergeek.com/cd_autorun.htm
Set it to 1 = Enabled.

You might also want to check first (if you're not familiar with regedit
do this first) if you have autorun for data discs enabled - open My
Computer, right click on you CD-ROM and go to Autoplay - you can assign
different tasks for different CDs.

Or you can either a) right click on the CD-ROM icon and choose Autoplay
or b) with explorer go to the CD-ROM (I'm assuming it's 'D:\') and
double click what looks like a setup application - it's usually named as
setup, install, or something similar.

HI,

Thanks for your advice - I have checked all of the regedit settings and all
are correct, so unfortunately I'm still at a loss!!

Right clicking & selecting autoplay on any of the files listed on the cd
does not work, nor do attempts via [START] then [RUN] using the .exe file or
similar.

In 'my computer' all settings appear to be ok, but for mixed content cd's,
the only available options are 'open folder to view files' or 'take no
action' - there is no option for autoplay or autorun? This is the same on my
laptop which will happily run cd roms, so I assume it's correct.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome...........

Thanks.