ASUS A8V Deluxe

Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so, please
reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps on the
BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly. Which
probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work properly.

This is what my computer has:
Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
512MB PC-3200 DDR400
512MB PC-3200 DDR400
Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
transfer rates.
External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Canon i560
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Lynne's News wrote:
> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so, please
> reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps on the
> BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly. Which
> probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work properly.
>
> This is what my computer has:
> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
> transfer rates.
> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
> Canon i560
> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

What do you want to know specifically? I've got an A8V with a 64 bit
processor.

Rick

My USB 2.0 doesn't recognize my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0

"Rick" <RickH40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Lynne's News wrote:
>> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so,
>> please reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps
>> on the BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly.
>> Which probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
>> properly.
>>
>> This is what my computer has:
>> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
>> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
>> transfer rates.
>> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
>> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
>> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
>> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
>> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
>> Canon i560
>> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB
> What do you want to know specifically? I've got an A8V with a 64 bit
> processor.
>
> Rick

Ok I have one, hopefully I might be able to help. However you might find
this forum http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91 more so. Do a
search for usb and see what it throws up.....
Good luck,
ChrisC
"Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so, please
> reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps on the
> BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly. Which
> probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
> properly.
>
> This is what my computer has:
> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
> transfer rates.
> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
> Canon i560
> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

What do you have your USB Configuration in your BIOS setup to? for the USB
1.1?

"Chris Catt" <cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ok I have one, hopefully I might be able to help. However you might find
> this forum http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91 more so. Do
> a search for usb and see what it throws up.....
> Good luck,
> ChrisC
> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so,
>> please reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps
>> on the BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly.
>> Which probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
>> properly.
>>
>> This is what my computer has:
>> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
>> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
>> transfer rates.
>> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
>> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
>> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
>> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
>> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
>> Canon i560
>> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

Hi again, the standard setting '8 ports'....
> What do you have your USB Configuration in your BIOS setup to? for the USB
> 1.1?
>

> "Chris Catt" <cuke(nospam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Ok I have one, hopefully I might be able to help. However you might find
>> this forum http://www.abxzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91 more so.
>> Do a search for usb and see what it throws up.....
>> Good luck,
>> ChrisC
>> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so,
>>> please reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps
>>> on the BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly.
>>> Which probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> This is what my computer has:
>>> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
>>> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
>>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>>> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
>>> transfer rates.
>>> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
>>> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
>>> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
>>> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
>>> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
>>> Canon i560
>>> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

Lynne

My config is:

Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939
ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394 and on-board Wireless
512MB PC-3200 DDR400
512MB PC-3200 DDR400
Western Digital 200GB 8MB cache SATA x 2 (Raid)
Maxtor 120gb 8MB cache Ultra ATA 133 (IDE Backup)
Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Pro
Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro All-in-Wonder w/ 128MB
Win XP Pro Sp2

I had a problem last week installing a USB device and found that the
installation USB drivers conflicted with XP Sp2. I identified in device
manager that there was a conflict with the device I was trying to install, I
un-installed the driver through Device Manager/Properties (on the
conflicting device). I then disconnected the device, reconnected it and XP
automatically installed the correct USB driver for the device.

May be of help?

Dave Mac

"Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so, please
> reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps on the
> BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly. Which
> probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
> properly.
>
> This is what my computer has:
> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
> transfer rates.
> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
> Canon i560
> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

Regarding your Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Pro, any idea on how to hook it
up to the Optical in a Surrround Sound System. If I only could listen to my
movies on my 44" Toshiba DLP TV, it would be great!

Thanks

"Dave McCreath" <dave@mccreath1323.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Lynne
>
> My config is:
>
> Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939
> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394 and on-board Wireless
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> Western Digital 200GB 8MB cache SATA x 2 (Raid)
> Maxtor 120gb 8MB cache Ultra ATA 133 (IDE Backup)
> Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Pro
> Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro All-in-Wonder w/ 128MB
> Win XP Pro Sp2
>
> I had a problem last week installing a USB device and found that the
> installation USB drivers conflicted with XP Sp2. I identified in device
> manager that there was a conflict with the device I was trying to install,
> I un-installed the driver through Device Manager/Properties (on the
> conflicting device). I then disconnected the device, reconnected it and
> XP automatically installed the correct USB driver for the device.
>
> May be of help?
>
> Dave Mac
>

> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so,
>> please reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps
>> on the BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly.
>> Which probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
>> properly.
>>
>> This is what my computer has:
>> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
>> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
>> transfer rates.
>> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
>> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
>> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
>> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
>> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
>> Canon i560
>> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi Lynne, have you installed SP2?
ChrisC
"jeffrey" <jeffrey@nospam.okinawa.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have that MoBo and haven`t had any problems running any USB 1.1 or 2.0
> devices. I used the default BIOS settings. Did you install the chipset
> and USB drivers from the MoBo CD? I know some people just let XP choose
> and install the driver it thinks it should use.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so,
>> please reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps
>> on the BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly.
>> Which probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
>> properly.
>>
>> This is what my computer has:
>> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
>> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
>> transfer rates.
>> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
>> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
>> Logitech$B%g(B Cordless Desktop$B%g(B LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
>> Creative Inspire$B%g(B 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
>> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
>> Canon i560
>> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

Yes, I did install SP2 a long time ago.

"Chris" <anon@school.com> wrote in message
> Hi Lynne, have you installed SP2?
> ChrisC
> "jeffrey" <jeffrey@nospam.okinawa.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have that MoBo and haven`t had any problems running any USB 1.1 or 2.0
>> devices. I used the default BIOS settings. Did you install the chipset
>> and USB drivers from the MoBo CD? I know some people just let XP choose
>> and install the driver it thinks it should use.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so,
>>> please reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps
>>> on the BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly.
>>> Which probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> This is what my computer has:
>>> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
>>> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
>>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>>> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
>>> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
>>> transfer rates.
>>> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
>>> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
>>> Logitech$B%g(B Cordless Desktop$B%g(B LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
>>> Creative Inspire$B%g(B 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
>>> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
>>> Canon i560
>>> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

Hi, do other USB devices work ok in the same port? If so I suggest you
contact the manufacturers of the Apacer device to see if they've come across
this issue b4....

Lynne's News wrote:
> Does anyone on this board own a Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard? If so, please
> reply back. I would appreciate if we could go through a few steps on the
> BIOS. I don't think my USB Configuration is configured properly. Which
> probably explains why my Apacer Flash Drice 1GB USB 2.0 won't work properly.
>
> This is what my computer has:
> Athlon 64+ 3500 Socket 939
> ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> 512MB PC-3200 DDR400
> Western Digital 120GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100 - Up to 100 MB/s burst
> transfer rates.
> External Drive: Western Digital 250GB w/8MB cache Ultra ATA/100
> LiteOn SOHW-1213S 12x4x/8x4x DVD+/-RW (Black)
> Logitech® Cordless Desktop® LX 700 Keyboard and Mouse
> Creative Inspire® 5.1 Digital 5700 Speaker System
> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
> Canon i560
> Sapphire Radeon 9600XT w/ 256MB

My USB configuration Is as follows:

USB 1.1 ports configured [ USB 8 Ports ]
USB 2.0 Controller [ Enabled ]
Legacy USB support [ Auto ]
USB 2.0 controller Mode [ FullSpeed ]

If no USB device device is detected, the item shows None

Check your MOBO manual page 4-23