Stucky Mouse!

February 21, 2005 1:03:09 AM

I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.

What's up with this?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

More about : stucky mouse

February 21, 2005 1:31:02 AM

It must be cold!

"<*(((><{" wrote:

> I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
> it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
>
> What's up with this?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

February 21, 2005 10:27:52 AM

Stop using fabric softener
> It must be cold!
>
> "<*(((><{" wrote:
>
> > I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
> > it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
> >
> > What's up with this?
> >
> > <*((((><{
> > Fishy@Ocean.Net

February 21, 2005 3:46:01 PM

Is this an optical mouse or in is really a infra-red connection mouse?

Optical mices do not like "reflective" or "glass-like" surfaces. They need
a surface where the light can reflect back to the optical sensor correctly.

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
> it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
>
> What's up with this?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
February 21, 2005 3:46:02 PM

It's an optical mouse. I'm using the same surface I always have.
It's not reflective.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:46:01 -0500, "Yves
Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote:

|Is this an optical mouse or in is really a infra-red connection mouse?
|
|Optical mices do not like "reflective" or "glass-like" surfaces. They need
|a surface where the light can reflect back to the optical sensor correctly.

|"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
|> I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
|> it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
|>
|> What's up with this?
|>
|> <*((((><{
|> Fishy@Ocean.Net

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:52:50 PM

Optics got a problem, wipe the little eye off, if that doesn't fix it,
replace it.

!