Stucky Mouse!

I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.

What's up with this?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net
5 answers Last reply
More about stucky mouse

    It must be cold!

    "<*(((><{" wrote:

    > I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
    > it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
    >
    > What's up with this?
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net

    Stop using fabric softener
    > It must be cold!
    >
    > "<*(((><{" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
    > > it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
    > >
    > > What's up with this?
    > >
    > > <*((((><{
    > > Fishy@Ocean.Net

    Is this an optical mouse or in is really a infra-red connection mouse?

    Optical mices do not like "reflective" or "glass-like" surfaces. They need
    a surface where the light can reflect back to the optical sensor correctly.

    "<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
    > I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
    > it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
    >
    > What's up with this?
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net

    It's an optical mouse. I'm using the same surface I always have.
    It's not reflective.

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    In the last exciting episode on Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:46:01 -0500, "Yves
    Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote:

    |Is this an optical mouse or in is really a infra-red connection mouse?
    |
    |Optical mices do not like "reflective" or "glass-like" surfaces. They need
    |a surface where the light can reflect back to the optical sensor correctly.

    |"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
    |> I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
    |> it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
    |>
    |> What's up with this?
    |>
    |> <*((((><{
    |> Fishy@Ocean.Net

    Optics got a problem, wipe the little eye off, if that doesn't fix it,
    replace it.

    <*(((><{ wrote:

    > It's an optical mouse. I'm using the same surface I always have.
    > It's not reflective.
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net
    >
    > In the last exciting episode on Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:46:01 -0500, "Yves
    > Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote:
    >
    > |Is this an optical mouse or in is really a infra-red connection mouse?
    > |
    > |Optical mices do not like "reflective" or "glass-like" surfaces. They need
    > |a surface where the light can reflect back to the optical sensor correctly.
    > |

    > |"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
    > |> I'm using an infrared USB mouse. Suddenly it won't work unless I put
    > |> it on rough fabric -- a sweatshirt, or a kitchen towel.
    > |>
    > |> What's up with this?
    > |>
    > |> <*((((><{
    > |> Fishy@Ocean.Net

Hardware Mice Microsoft Infrared Windows XP