Max Payne 3 Ships 3 Million, PC Release Delayed to June 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidanJC

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Why are they delaying this?

I've been told by my local game store that they have a pallet of the PC version sitting out back, but they're not able to be sold yet..

I hope its worth the wait..

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]vilenjan[/nom]day 1 patch, they probably found some bad bugs and watch patch available before they sell it.[/citation]
I was thinking along the same lines...

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]vilenjan[/nom]day 1 patch, they probably found some bad bugs and watch patch available before they sell it.[/citation] At least someone learned from the botched D3 release ;)

yapchagi

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
Glad I didn't preorder MP3. Might be buggy if they delayed it.

I'm more excited for Future Soldier on PC. Already preordered on Steam!

G

The botched Diablo 3 release had to do with DRM. If the servers were overloaded, but people would at least be able to play the singleplayer Diablo 3 at that time, the situation would have been much better.

But it's very hard to explain to a gamer that they can't play the singleplayer campaign (with NO multiplayer components to the gameplay) because their login servers were having capacity issues.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
im 100% sure they let the pc.v delay thinking some gamers wont wait for the crack and instead get it to the consoles, altho consoles are at least as much pirated, but game devs logic dont work like normal logich. i might need to get it a lot of memories from playing the first game around 11 years old

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I don't know why everyone keeps calling it a port. It is NOT a port. It was developed side by side with the console ones from the very beginning specifically for the PC.

Massacher

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
once again PC gamers get shafted. a franchise that started out on PC and now we have to wait. that is akin to a slap in the face. without the fan base on PC no one would even care about this game. if anything we should have got it pre-loaded before console players.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Proof that good games still sell on PC, and that piracy isn't the sales killer that some publishers like to claim.

I'm buying this game on PC as soon as I get paid again :)

G

Still no news if it needs Steam or GFWL or something else that needs to be registered despite the question having been asked to and time again.

At this point they probably hope people pre purchase before they say GFWL, Rockstar social, gameshield and securom.

kitekrazy1963

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Tedders[/nom]I don't know why everyone keeps calling it a port. It is NOT a port. It was developed side by side with the console ones from the very beginning specifically for the PC.[/citation]

In reality it's probably a port. Today's developers grew up on consoles. It's rare to see a decent PC port these days.

GangstaChamp21

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Guys I think you should just be happy that it is not getting delayed 1year or so. And if you really want to play it badly get it for PS3 or 360 for now or wait.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Tedders[/nom]I don't know why everyone keeps calling it a port. It is NOT a port. It was developed side by side with the console ones from the very beginning specifically for the PC.[/citation]

Hmm so you are saying that polygon complexity, textures and visual candy will be high end pc quality and not console level? Heh i really hope it's like that, but it won't be..trust me. It would require double the personell on these aspects...

@beetlejuicegr: it's not as clear cut as you put it: IF they develop the game's engine to scale across several consoles and a slew of PC configurations, THEN the result is NOT a port - but it can explain the extra delay on the PC port.
Looking at the hardware specs, they tested it at least on:
- Xbox360
- PS3
- a dual-core AMD PC with a RadeonHD 3850 running Windows XP
- an Intel Core2 Duo with an Nvidia Geforece 8600GTS running Windows XP
- a triple core Athlon II with a RadeonHD 4850 running Windows Vista 32-bit
- an Intel Core Quad with an Nvidia Geforce GT545 running Windows Vista 32-bit
- a Phenom II X6 with an AMD RadeonHD 6950 running Windows 7 64-bit
- a Core i7 with an vidia Geforce GTX 680 running Windows 7 64-bit

So, testing for current consoles represents a fourth of all required testing... If it were a port, there would have been a 6-months delay, not 2-3 weeks.

hunteriv4

Honorable
May 29, 2012
The reason for the delay is Europe, not a day 1 patch. They wanted a simultaneous worldwide release and couldn't logistically get it to European stores quickly enough to meet the May 29th release date.

In my opinion selling PC games at all in stores is outdated; just offer a mail-in version for the people who don't have internet because let's face it; if you have access to a gaming store you probably have internet access, if you don't have internet you probably live out where you're better off getting mail anyway. I'm getting a little tired of games getting delayed (not to mention the costs of distribution taking out money from development) simply because we're stuck with businesses sticking to outdated physical stores for software.

And yes, the game was supposedly developed side-by-side with the console version, and the PC version includes multiplayer without auto-aim. The graphics are also supposed to be better on the PC version. Also, @ Massacher...Max Payne has NEVER been an FPS. But I agree, I wouldn't play a Max Payne game on a console.

Of course, I do remember them saying Skyrim wasn't a console port too, so I'm still skeptical.

G

Bought 2 opies for PC's today and they will not launch, can you say disappointment

G

These Game developers treat PC gamers like shit! Just release the same game on the release date and all formats... the comment about Max Payne " We shoudd be thankful it's not pushed back further?", WTF?!? They should be greatful that were still willing to buy the game!! But I refuse to pay full price, in other words i'm gettin a discount..Serves them right for being late...

Massacher

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
"Bought 2 opies for PC's today and they will not launch, can you say disappointment"

i had the same problem with Skyrim. i had it a day early and it wouldn't let me launch it >

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS