Generic CardBus Controller Not Not Recognizing Devices bei..

Im trying to get a wireless PCMCIA Cingular GC83 Card to be recognized by my
computer. The problem I dont think lies within the card. I have tried
several different cards and none are recognized when inserted. Even some
that used to work.

2 days ago this worked just fine.

I have uninstalled the Generic CardBus Controller and done the Scan for HW
changes and it readds the CardBus Controller Back. I am 2 days onto this
problem and its driving me nuts. It is a SONY Viao PCG-K17. Single Slot
PCMCIA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

"DecisionTT" <DecisionTT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to get a wireless PCMCIA Cingular GC83 Card to be recognized by
> my
> computer. The problem I dont think lies within the card. I have tried
> several different cards and none are recognized when inserted. Even some
> that used to work.
>
> 2 days ago this worked just fine.
>
> I have uninstalled the Generic CardBus Controller and done the Scan for HW
> changes and it readds the CardBus Controller Back. I am 2 days onto this
> problem and its driving me nuts. It is a SONY Viao PCG-K17. Single Slot
> PCMCIA.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated

You need to run the proper chipset drivers for your laptop. The Cardbus
controller allows the PCMCIA device to properly communicate with the rest of
your system. Running the Generic drivers will, as you can tell, not work
for you. Uninstalling and then scanning will not load the drivers as they
are not present on your system to install.

If you don't have the Drivers CD for your system, click the link below for
the system drivers. The one labeled "Sony Notebook Control" should do it
for you. Install it, reboot, then test by inserting a PC card device:

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?template=EN&mdl=PCGK17