K8t Neo and Windows XP Pro

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I recently constructed a new computer using the MSI K8T Neo
Motherboard and a Seagate 160GB SATA hard drive. Everything seems to
work fine except when I turn on the system, it hangs for a while at
the Serial Master 0 and 1 prompt. It detcts my 160GB drive and does
not detect a second drive as expected, but it hangs at that prompt for
approximately 2 - 3 minutes before starting windows. Can anyone
explain why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Is your second drive also SATA or is it IDE? What controller are you using
for the SATA? Promise or Via? Is the one that you are not using disabled
in the cmos setup?