Having trouble getting the PC Power on Please Help....

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I just purchased a K8N Neo2 Platinum along with the rest of the system...
90nm 3500+, memory, the works. I've set everything up and I'm realatively
certain that I have it all jumpered properly, however the thing won't turn
on. I know the power supply is good because the fans kick in for a second
when I plug in the power, however the power button isn't kicking on my
system... I have the antec super lanboy case too, if that is a help...

Thanks

I have already RMA'd a K8T Neo2 with a similar problem. The bios on a lot
of version 1.0 socket 939 mainboards does know how to handle the new 90 nm
("Winchester") chips. MSI is not alone. Some Asus and Abit boards suffer
also. In most cases the fix is simple if you happen to have a friend with a
spare 130 nm socket 939 CPU that he/she will let you borrow for a couple of
hours. Boot the system with the 130 nm chip, update the bios, swap out the
130 nm chip with your owm 90 nm chip and you should be OK from that point
onwards. Search Google and you'll find a few links on his subject.

See http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic16029.html