ON BOARD SOUND

I am new to this group and have a few questions? I am music producer
and have installed recording software on my computer. I have the K8N
Neo NF Platinum edition MB and have been using the on board sound. I
would like to know if I can install another sound card that has midi
capabilities and that will alow me to record? And, if so, how do I
disable the on board sound so that I will go no errors.

Thank you

You need to go into the bios and turn off on board sound.