Problems with k8t neo-fis2r and my video card

im running the k8t neo-fis2r the amd athlon 3000+ 64 bit 512 pc2700 and
the 5200 256mb video card.... after hours of trouble shooting and
figuring out why the hell i had no video after assembly we figured out
the IDE cable that MSI sent with the mobo was broke, after alot of
cheers we get everything running and come to find out any time we
install a nvidia driver and restart the computer we get the same
problem we did when the IDE cable was bad ( computer would boot up and
post, when windows would start to load the screen would go black and
the monitor light would just flash) if anyone has any idea what could
be going on please dont hesitate to inform me

I (have) HAD the same problem.
Yoy must install the latest version of the bios (version 3.2) and all
problems are gone!
You can take help from the MSI support department.

Pit
<sitonmyfase@aol.com> schreef in bericht
> im running the k8t neo-fis2r the amd athlon 3000+ 64 bit 512 pc2700 and
> the 5200 256mb video card.... after hours of trouble shooting and
> figuring out why the hell i had no video after assembly we figured out
> the IDE cable that MSI sent with the mobo was broke, after alot of
> cheers we get everything running and come to find out any time we
> install a nvidia driver and restart the computer we get the same
> problem we did when the IDE cable was bad ( computer would boot up and
> post, when windows would start to load the screen would go black and
> the monitor light would just flash) if anyone has any idea what could
> be going on please dont hesitate to inform me

Yes, that's right. The K8T Neo2 will not recognize the 90 nm ("Winchester")
CPU unless the bios is flashed to 3.2. There is a lot of stuff written out
there on this subject. You can find it through Google. By the way, MSI is
not alone. Some early edition 939 Asus and Abit boards have the same issue.