ATech Flash Pro 9 multicard reader

I have installed and been working with the ATech Flash Pro 9 multicard
reader. It was working fine, however I believe since sp2 it (Windows XP
home) does not recognized the device properly. It is listed as an unknown
USB device. I have it installed internally. I did manage to get some
intermittent use, but now it just does not recognize it as the MFC. Anyone
with suggestions I could try?
Kevin

Did you ---
1) See if the manufacturer has a new driver release since SP2?
2) Reinstall the current driver to see if it will start working?

I have a "SanDisk" all-in-one, and had to reinstall the drivers after the
SP2 update.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Kevin F" <Kevin F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed and been working with the ATech Flash Pro 9 multicard
> reader. It was working fine, however I believe since sp2 it (Windows XP
> home) does not recognized the device properly. It is listed as an unknown
> USB device. I have it installed internally. I did manage to get some
> intermittent use, but now it just does not recognize it as the MFC.
Anyone
> with suggestions I could try?
> Kevin

Thank Admiral for your repsonse, but this device uses no drivers ar a matter
od fact the company states not to install a driver under WinXP. Win XP is
suppose to recognize it automatically, I guess XP should have it's own driver
for this. None are available for ATech...

"Admiral Q" wrote:

> Did you ---
> 1) See if the manufacturer has a new driver release since SP2?
> 2) Reinstall the current driver to see if it will start working?
>
> I have a "SanDisk" all-in-one, and had to reinstall the drivers after the
> SP2 update.
>
> --
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
> "Google is your Friend!"
> www.google.com

> "Kevin F" <Kevin F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have installed and been working with the ATech Flash Pro 9 multicard
> > reader. It was working fine, however I believe since sp2 it (Windows XP
> > home) does not recognized the device properly. It is listed as an unknown
> > USB device. I have it installed internally. I did manage to get some
> > intermittent use, but now it just does not recognize it as the MFC.
> Anyone
> > with suggestions I could try?
> > Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I have two of these Atech's set up just like you do, internally. I have
three computers two which took SP2 fine and the one I'm using now choked
on the update. Format, re-install Sp-1 Pro.
I used a combo firewire & usb pci card to run an external f.wire drive
& the Atech. They had Via chipsets on the card. If your usb bus is Via
controlled, that may be the answer. You can check this out at:
'ViaArena' (http://tinyurl.com/4sg8b)
Kevin F Wrote:

--
Treeman

Yes Treeman you are correct,
MY USB bus is a VIA chipset. Thank you for your help and I will reload
sysytem. If all goes well i will close this string. Thank you all for your
help!
Kevin

"Treeman" wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
> I have two of these Atech's set up just like you do, internally. I have
> three computers two which took SP2 fine and the one I'm using now choked
> on the update. Format, re-install Sp-1 Pro.
> I used a combo firewire & usb pci card to run an external f.wire drive
> & the Atech. They had Via chipsets on the card. If your usb bus is Via
> controlled, that may be the answer. You can check this out at:
> 'ViaArena' (http://tinyurl.com/4sg8b)
> Kevin F Wrote:
> >

> --
> Treeman

my usb controller is intel and i am having the same problem. my pro 9
card reader dissapears and even when it works it's slower then usb 1.
it has worked beutifly before.

--
Levi

TRENDING THREADS