Has this toasted the mainboard, CPU and/or RAM?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2004 5:56:23 PM

Hi,

I just put together a system based on a K7N2 Delta2 with an AMD Sempron
2200+. In an act of amazing stupidity and carelessness (being awake
for 30 hours is my only excuse) I set the CPU FSB to 300MHz from the
default of 200MHz, and rebooted.

Now the system does not POST and putting a jumper across pins 2 and 3
of JBUT1 to clear CMOS does not seem to make any difference either.

Is this recoverable, or have I likely damaged one or more components?

An email copy of any replies would be most appreciated, but I'll check
the group too.

Thanks,
Andy
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 17, 2004 5:31:54 AM

Sure you are clearing the CMOS?

When you press power button do you have any lights or fans etc.?

See also................

<andy-news@strugglers.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just put together a system based on a K7N2 Delta2 with an AMD Sempron
> 2200+. In an act of amazing stupidity and carelessness (being awake
> for 30 hours is my only excuse) I set the CPU FSB to 300MHz from the
> default of 200MHz, and rebooted.
>
> Now the system does not POST and putting a jumper across pins 2 and 3
> of JBUT1 to clear CMOS does not seem to make any difference either.
>
> Is this recoverable, or have I likely damaged one or more components?
>
> An email copy of any replies would be most appreciated, but I'll check
> the group too.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

December 29, 2004 5:29:55 PM

No that didn't toast anything. Just rest the bios to defaults and
it should go.

!