Is it a Virus?

Can someone please give me some help with a problem I am having?
For some reason, my computer keeps rebooting itself (Continuously) after
I've been on for about five minutes or so. I deployed all the Spyware &
Antivirus programs to check and see if I had a bug or virus but, came up with
nothing. Could I be experiencing some kind of hardware issuue?

PLease help!!

How many fans would I be checking?
The Computer in reference is a Compaq 7200 with 933 Pentium 3. (About 5
years old).

"SAlders" wrote:

> Can someone please give me some help with a problem I am having?
> For some reason, my computer keeps rebooting itself (Continuously) after
> I've been on for about five minutes or so. I deployed all the Spyware &
> Antivirus programs to check and see if I had a bug or virus but, came up with
> nothing. Could I be experiencing some kind of hardware issuue?
>
> PLease help!!

Case fans, power supply fans, and CPU fans working?

Added any hardware lately?

Updated drivers or installed any software lately?

r.

> How many fans would I be checking?

this will require you to take the system unit cover off:

Power supply (up to 2)
CPU (1)
Video card in some cases (1)
Extra case fan front and/or back (maybe 2)

> The Computer in reference is a Compaq 7200 with 933 Pentium 3. (About 5
> years old).
>
> "SAlders" wrote:
>
> > Can someone please give me some help with a problem I am having?
> > For some reason, my computer keeps rebooting itself (Continuously) after
> > I've been on for about five minutes or so. I deployed all the Spyware &
> > Antivirus programs to check and see if I had a bug or virus but, came up
with
> > nothing. Could I be experiencing some kind of hardware issuue?
> >
> > PLease help!!

it sounds like a virus.

are you using SP2?

you ask if it might be hardware, have you resently added new hardware?

--
EasyFeelings
A+

"When your computer is working good, That's an EasyFeeling"

Since you are not running an Antivirus app, or if you are it has not been
updated and maintained, you have no idea if your computer is infected. It
COULD be a virus. It COULD be a hardware problem. It COULD be a software
problem. Since you gave such a wealth of information, finding an answer
will be easy.

Bobby