bootup sequence problem

Just did clean install of winxp and it requires me to have the xp disk in the
cd rom in order to boot into windows. What causes this? I've tried safe mode,
fixing mbr and fix boot from xp disk and no change. I had to install a new hd
cuz the prior one wouldn't boot anymore either (except it was toast, not this
issue)
1 answer Last reply
More about bootup sequence problem

    I had seem this before. You somehow have a virus on your system. Check
    with an up to date anti-virus removal tool.

    "toeknee" <toeknee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Just did clean install of winxp and it requires me to have the xp disk in
    > the
    > cd rom in order to boot into windows. What causes this? I've tried safe
    > mode,
    > fixing mbr and fix boot from xp disk and no change. I had to install a new
    > hd
    > cuz the prior one wouldn't boot anymore either (except it was toast, not
    > this
    > issue)

Boot Windows XP