bootup sequence problem

February 23, 2005 6:05:02 AM

Just did clean install of winxp and it requires me to have the xp disk in the
cd rom in order to boot into windows. What causes this? I've tried safe mode,
fixing mbr and fix boot from xp disk and no change. I had to install a new hd
cuz the prior one wouldn't boot anymore either (except it was toast, not this
issue)
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:07:05 PM

I had seem this before. You somehow have a virus on your system. Check
with an up to date anti-virus removal tool.

!