MS Wireless Optical Mouse problem

subgenius

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2005

I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a problem until last night.
As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I rebooted several times,
but with the same results. I took the batteries out and put them back in.
Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded them in this morning
and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up. Any ideas why this is
happening?
--
subgenius

Did you try "fresh" batteries??

"Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote

> "subgenius" <subgenius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>>I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a
>>problem until last night.
>> As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I
>> rebooted several times,
>> but with the same results. I took the batteries out and
>> put them back in.
>> Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded
>> them in this morning
>> and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up.
>> Any ideas why this is happening?

> Did you try "fresh" batteries??

That question occurred to me, too. But if the batteries are
getting anywhere even near "low" my keyboard/mouse start
dithering about it.

Question to subgenius: Did you receive a warning that the
mouse's batteries were low?

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

I still would try "fresh" batteries. This is not normally too expensive.

"Opinicus" <gezgin@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote
>
>> "subgenius" <subgenius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
>>>I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a problem until last
>>>night.
>>> As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I rebooted several
>>> times,
>>> but with the same results. I took the batteries out and put them back
>>> in.
>>> Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded them in this
>>> morning
>>> and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up. Any ideas why
>>> this is happening?
>
>> Did you try "fresh" batteries??
>
> That question occurred to me, too. But if the batteries are getting
> anywhere even near "low" my keyboard/mouse start dithering about it.
>
> Question to subgenius: Did you receive a warning that the mouse's
> batteries were low?
>
> --
> Bob
>
> Kanyak's Doghouse
> http://www.kanyak.com

subgenius

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2005

No messages. The red light in the mouse which normally blinks just turned a
solid bright red.

"Opinicus" wrote:

> "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote
>
> > "subgenius" <subgenius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>
> >>I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a
> >>problem until last night.
> >> As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I
> >> rebooted several times,
> >> but with the same results. I took the batteries out and
> >> put them back in.
> >> Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded
> >> them in this morning
> >> and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up.
> >> Any ideas why this is happening?
>
> > Did you try "fresh" batteries??
>
> That question occurred to me, too. But if the batteries are
> getting anywhere even near "low" my keyboard/mouse start
> dithering about it.
>
> Question to subgenius: Did you receive a warning that the
> mouse's batteries were low?
>
> --
> Bob
>
> Kanyak's Doghouse
> http://www.kanyak.com

Did you replace the old batteries with new ones?

I have to change the batteries in my Logitech cordless mouse monthly, even
though I get no messages telling me that the batteries are low. If you got 8
months out of one set of batteries, my cordless mouse is going in the garbage
for being a battery hog. I prefer a USB optical mouse. No hassles, no
batteries, no dirt to clean out.