MS Wireless Optical Mouse problem

I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a problem until last night.
As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I rebooted several times,
but with the same results. I took the batteries out and put them back in.
Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded them in this morning
and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up. Any ideas why this is
happening?
--
subgenius
5 answers Last reply

    Did you try "fresh" batteries??

    "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote

    > "subgenius" <subgenius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    >>I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a
    >>problem until last night.
    >> As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I
    >> rebooted several times,
    >> but with the same results. I took the batteries out and
    >> put them back in.
    >> Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded
    >> them in this morning
    >> and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up.
    >> Any ideas why this is happening?

    > Did you try "fresh" batteries??

    That question occurred to me, too. But if the batteries are
    getting anywhere even near "low" my keyboard/mouse start
    dithering about it.

    Question to subgenius: Did you receive a warning that the
    mouse's batteries were low?

    --
    Bob

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

    I still would try "fresh" batteries. This is not normally too expensive.

    "Opinicus" <gezgin@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote
    >
    >> "subgenius" <subgenius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    >
    >>>I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a problem until last
    >>>night.
    >>> As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I rebooted several
    >>> times,
    >>> but with the same results. I took the batteries out and put them back
    >>> in.
    >>> Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded them in this
    >>> morning
    >>> and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up. Any ideas why
    >>> this is happening?
    >
    >> Did you try "fresh" batteries??
    >
    > That question occurred to me, too. But if the batteries are getting
    > anywhere even near "low" my keyboard/mouse start dithering about it.
    >
    > Question to subgenius: Did you receive a warning that the mouse's
    > batteries were low?
    >
    > --
    > Bob
    >
    > Kanyak's Doghouse
    > http://www.kanyak.com

    No messages. The red light in the mouse which normally blinks just turned a
    solid bright red.

    "Opinicus" wrote:

    > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote
    >
    > > "subgenius" <subgenius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    >
    > >>I have been using this mouse for 8 months without a
    > >>problem until last night.
    > >> As I was browsing a web page the mouse froze up. I
    > >> rebooted several times,
    > >> but with the same results. I took the batteries out and
    > >> put them back in.
    > >> Finally I left the batteries out overnight and loaded
    > >> them in this morning
    > >> and the mouse worked for about a minute then froze up.
    > >> Any ideas why this is happening?
    >
    > > Did you try "fresh" batteries??
    >
    > That question occurred to me, too. But if the batteries are
    > getting anywhere even near "low" my keyboard/mouse start
    > dithering about it.
    >
    > Question to subgenius: Did you receive a warning that the
    > mouse's batteries were low?
    >
    > --
    > Bob
    >
    > Kanyak's Doghouse
    > http://www.kanyak.com

    Did you replace the old batteries with new ones?

    I have to change the batteries in my Logitech cordless mouse monthly, even
    though I get no messages telling me that the batteries are low. If you got 8
    months out of one set of batteries, my cordless mouse is going in the garbage
    for being a battery hog. I prefer a USB optical mouse. No hassles, no
    batteries, no dirt to clean out.

    "subgenius" wrote:

    > No messages. The red light in the mouse which normally blinks just turned a
    > solid bright red.
    >
    > "Opinicus" wrote:
    >
    > > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote
    > >
    > > > "subgenius" <subgenius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    > > > Did you try "fresh" batteries??
    > >
    > > That question occurred to me, too. But if the batteries are
    > > getting anywhere even near "low" my keyboard/mouse start
    > > dithering about it.
    > >
    > > Question to subgenius: Did you receive a warning that the
    > > mouse's batteries were low?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bob
    > >
    > > Kanyak's Doghouse