K8N neo platinum NF3 AMD MSI SPDIF OUT Problem

Hello

I have recently bought a new computer

I am trying for several days now to connect the MB using the SPDIF out
to my Yamaha RX-V540, (also tried it with an AIWA receiver).
If I use the MB Analog out it is working but I just can't make it work
with the SPDIF (Coaxial and Optical)
I've reinstalled Windows XP 5 times, trying every single combination of
drivers. I've tried the original driver, the MSI realtek, realtek
latest.
I've studied the manual on all the settings.

But it just wouldn't output in Dolby Digital. I'd followed the
instructions point by point. I've rechecked the connections, replug the
S-bracket. The analogues on the S-bracket works fine apart from the
coaxial
SPDIF. The optical out does light up but it's not working.
I used the same input in my YAMAHA with my DVD and it works.

My YAMAHA lights up a PCM indicator.
The only thing I succeeded in doing was by using the "Sound effect
manger" that comes with the driver I set the speaker selection to 8CH
and the audio config to 8ch analog+spdif
Then and only then I get the to front speakers to work.

Can you help me???

My system is:
AMD ATHLON3000 64bit 754pin
K8N neo platinum NF3 AMD MSI

Tnx

Matan

"MTBF" <nmatan@zahav.net.il> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have recently bought a new computer
>
> I am trying for several days now to connect the MB using the SPDIF out
> to my Yamaha RX-V540, (also tried it with an AIWA receiver).
> If I use the MB Analog out it is working but I just can't make it work
> with the SPDIF (Coaxial and Optical)
> I've reinstalled Windows XP 5 times, trying every single combination of
> drivers. I've tried the original driver, the MSI realtek, realtek
> latest.
> I've studied the manual on all the settings.
>
> But it just wouldn't output in Dolby Digital. I'd followed the
> instructions point by point. I've rechecked the connections, replug the
> S-bracket. The analogues on the S-bracket works fine apart from the
> coaxial
> SPDIF. The optical out does light up but it's not working.
> I used the same input in my YAMAHA with my DVD and it works.
>
> My YAMAHA lights up a PCM indicator.
> The only thing I succeeded in doing was by using the "Sound effect
> manger" that comes with the driver I set the speaker selection to 8CH
> and the audio config to 8ch analog+spdif
> Then and only then I get the to front speakers to work.
>
> Can you help me???
>
> My system is:
> AMD ATHLON3000 64bit 754pin
> K8N neo platinum NF3 AMD MSI
>
> Tnx
>
> Matan

The nforce3 dosn't have the soundstorm APU which encodes into Dolby Digital!

So, what should I do?
Is there a way to install it?
The Motherboard is 7.1 channels, how can I use them ?

Tnx,

But this I know and it's not related to the SPDIF problem.

There is a jumper that you have to change to disable the sound ports on the
front if you arent going to use them and use the rear ones instead. read the
manual it is there,i just saw that today while i was looking for something
else.