What gets this Screw out ?

Joe

I never expected to be posting this, but I got a new Aluminum tower. On
the front there are 6 screws or hex, whatever, that is the question, as I
can't find anything to get them out.

The tower is a CoolerMaster 'Praetorian' , does anyone have a idea what that
is and the size? I have a set of old everything that fit into a handle but
none work unless it's metric, and I don't know if there is anything like
that.

The screw has it appears 4 or 5 flat sides, and a small round hole deeper in
the center.
Thanks if anyone can tell me, I'll pick up a set.

It's this one.
http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/pact01.html

It sounds like a Torx head screw. IBM and Compaq used to use them as well.

Kerry Brown
KDB Systems

http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/contact.html

Joe wrote:

> I never expected to be posting this, but I got a new Aluminum tower. On
> the front there are 6 screws or hex, whatever, that is the question, as I
> can't find anything to get them out.
>
> The tower is a CoolerMaster 'Praetorian' , does anyone have a idea what that
> is and the size? I have a set of old everything that fit into a handle but
> none work unless it's metric, and I don't know if there is anything like
> that.
>
> The screw has it appears 4 or 5 flat sides, and a small round hole deeper in
> the center.
> Thanks if anyone can tell me, I'll pick up a set.
>
> It's this one.
> http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/pact01.html

Hello

Why don't you just take the case back to where you bought and
get them to address that issue.

Alvin

Joe wrote:

> I never expected to be posting this, but I got a new Aluminum tower. On
> the front there are 6 screws or hex, whatever, that is the question, as I
> can't find anything to get them out.
>
> The tower is a CoolerMaster 'Praetorian' , does anyone have a idea what that
> is and the size? I have a set of old everything that fit into a handle but
> none work unless it's metric, and I don't know if there is anything like
> that.
>
> The screw has it appears 4 or 5 flat sides, and a small round hole deeper in
> the center.
> Thanks if anyone can tell me, I'll pick up a set.
>
> It's this one.
> http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/pact01.html

Joe

They sell you, (make a you name it computer) specialty store. They don't
like people that just buy parts like I did. But, they said finaly, I think
it's a Hex, but I don't think so.

"Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Why don't you just take the case back to where you bought and
> get them to address that issue.
>
> Alvin
>

> Joe wrote:
>
>> I never expected to be posting this, but I got a new Aluminum tower.
>> On
>> the front there are 6 screws or hex, whatever, that is the question, as I
>> can't find anything to get them out.
>>
>> The tower is a CoolerMaster 'Praetorian' , does anyone have a idea what
>> that
>> is and the size? I have a set of old everything that fit into a handle
>> but
>> none work unless it's metric, and I don't know if there is anything like
>> that.
>>
>> The screw has it appears 4 or 5 flat sides, and a small round hole deeper
>> in
>> the center.
>> Thanks if anyone can tell me, I'll pick up a set.
>>
>> It's this one.
>> http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/pact01.html

On my Centurion there are six lovely looking screws on the front left and
right that seem to hold it on....
but they are fake.The actual screws are inside the case along the left and
right edge accessible when you remove the side panels.
maybe yours is the same??
peter
"Joe" <Joe@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I never expected to be posting this, but I got a new Aluminum tower. On
> the front there are 6 screws or hex, whatever, that is the question, as I
> can't find anything to get them out.
>
> The tower is a CoolerMaster 'Praetorian' , does anyone have a idea what
> that is and the size? I have a set of old everything that fit into a
> handle but none work unless it's metric, and I don't know if there is
> anything like that.
>
> The screw has it appears 4 or 5 flat sides, and a small round hole deeper
> in the center.
> Thanks if anyone can tell me, I'll pick up a set.
>
> It's this one.
> http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/pact01.html

Joe

I bought a new set of inserts, as my was pretty old, and sure enought, it
was the 'CR-V T15' which I didn't have.
Thanks People.

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
> It sounds like a Torx head screw. IBM and Compaq used to use them as well.
>
> Kerry Brown
> KDB Systems
>
> "Joe" <Joe@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I never expected to be posting this, but I got a new Aluminum tower.
>> On the front there are 6 screws or hex, whatever, that is the question,
>> as I can't find anything to get them out.
>>
>> The tower is a CoolerMaster 'Praetorian' , does anyone have a idea what
>> that is and the size? I have a set of old everything that fit into a
>> handle but none work unless it's metric, and I don't know if there is
>> anything like that.
>>
>> The screw has it appears 4 or 5 flat sides, and a small round hole deeper
>> in the center.
>> Thanks if anyone can tell me, I'll pick up a set.
>>
>> It's this one.
>> http://www.sundialmicro.com/cgi-bin/sundial/pact01.html

Yeah, T15 is a Torx size designation.

r.