One boot screen ontop of another - How can I disable them...

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 2, 2005 10:43:25 PM

I have an XP3000+ on an MSI KT6 Delta m/b. Also a Leadtek FX graphics
cards...

Of course the trend is for each device which has anything to do with
graphics, to show a boot screen logo or to have some control over the
actual boot sequence.. e.g....

Before this MSI m/b I had a gigabyte board and from the initial boot
screen there was displayed some "www.leadtech.com" message/logo then
the BIOS took over and then Windows kicked in...

Now,, I have a tiny glimpse of the leadtek.com just before the MSI
boot starts, with its logo, then the BIOS then Windows...

This is getting annoying as it takes about another 10 or more seconds
than it did before I put the MSI board in...

Is there any way I can disable all these damned logos and just let the
friggiin thing boot straight up - fuss free...

Cheers...
January 3, 2005 10:44:23 PM

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:43:25 +1300, Bruce Tyler <top@bottom.au> wrote:

>I have an XP3000+ on an MSI KT6 Delta m/b. Also a Leadtek FX graphics
>cards...
>
>Of course the trend is for each device which has anything to do with
>graphics, to show a boot screen logo or to have some control over the
>actual boot sequence.. e.g....
>
>Before this MSI m/b I had a gigabyte board and from the initial boot
>screen there was displayed some "www.leadtech.com" message/logo then
>the BIOS took over and then Windows kicked in...
>
>Now,, I have a tiny glimpse of the leadtek.com just before the MSI
>boot starts, with its logo, then the BIOS then Windows...
>
>This is getting annoying as it takes about another 10 or more seconds
>than it did before I put the MSI board in...
>
>Is there any way I can disable all these damned logos and just let the
>friggiin thing boot straight up - fuss free...

Most BIOS's have a setting to disable the splash screen. Someone once
pointed out to me that the actual time the slpash screens add to the
boot process is a fraction of a second. I would seriously doubt that
even three screens are adding 10 seconds to the boot time. It is
possible that the MSI board just takes longer to boot.

Gollum
!