Bluetooth Mouse on Compaq Presario Problems

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for
Bluetooth. I will try to provide as much detail as possible in the hopes
you can help me solve my problems.

I am *not* using the Microsoft transciever; I'm using the built in
Broadcom bluetooth transceiver which I believe is part of my 802.11g
wireless card. This way, I can use my laptop on the go without having a
transceiver sticking out the back of the laptop.

The mouse was working yesterday, with the Compaq supplied Bluetooth
software. When I press the 'Connect' button in the software, it tells me
the mouse is connected, and the tray icon goes to green, indicating a
connection. In 'My Bluetooth Places', the mouse shows up, and says that
it's connected.

In My Computer->Hardware, under Mice, I see both my ALPS touchpad as
well as 'HID-compliant mouse', so even Windows thinks it's there.

But the mouse is dead.
Nothing works.
Not buttons, movement, scroll, anything.

Please, any help!
Thanks,

Michael Kipper
1 answer Last reply
More about bluetooth mouse compaq presario problems

    1/ mouse batteries
    2/ Channel select on mouse?

    "Michael Kipper" <mkipper@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm having problems with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for
    > Bluetooth. I will try to provide as much detail as possible in the hopes
    > you can help me solve my problems.
    >
    > I am *not* using the Microsoft transciever; I'm using the built in
    > Broadcom bluetooth transceiver which I believe is part of my 802.11g
    > wireless card. This way, I can use my laptop on the go without having a
    > transceiver sticking out the back of the laptop.
    >
    > The mouse was working yesterday, with the Compaq supplied Bluetooth
    > software. When I press the 'Connect' button in the software, it tells me
    > the mouse is connected, and the tray icon goes to green, indicating a
    > connection. In 'My Bluetooth Places', the mouse shows up, and says that
    > it's connected.
    >
    > In My Computer->Hardware, under Mice, I see both my ALPS touchpad as well
    > as 'HID-compliant mouse', so even Windows thinks it's there.
    >
    > But the mouse is dead.
    > Nothing works.
    > Not buttons, movement, scroll, anything.
    >
    > Please, any help!
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael Kipper

Mice Microsoft Bluetooth Windows XP