Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Blue screen when trying to install XP.

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 10:09:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I've got brand new parts for everything: quality Asus SATA motherboard,
SATA hard disk, Kingston memory.

I'm trying to boot up and istall XP.
It loads up...
And somewhere along the line, I get the bluescreen.

I think I'm right in saying that it crashes when leaving the DOS mode
and goes into full Windows XP mode: this is when I get the error.

What could be causing the problem?
This happens everytime.
What should I check/look out for?

Thanks.


OM

More about : blue screen install

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 11:16:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Sounds like a hardware issue. The problem is you've got about a dozen
pieces of hardware, drives, controllers, memory, cables and so on that could
be causing this problem. You are booting from the XP disk with your CD
drive being the first boot device?

"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1109300952.698235.213470@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I've got brand new parts for everything: quality Asus SATA motherboard,
> SATA hard disk, Kingston memory.
>
> I'm trying to boot up and istall XP.
> It loads up...
> And somewhere along the line, I get the bluescreen.
>
> I think I'm right in saying that it crashes when leaving the DOS mode
> and goes into full Windows XP mode: this is when I get the error.
>
> What could be causing the problem?
> This happens everytime.
> What should I check/look out for?
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> OM
>
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 4:46:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

no... the first boot device is a floppy (that's been disabled because
it's not there) - i can't see how that would cause a problem?
Related resources
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 6:16:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

solved it.
it was a sata problem.
i'd never used it before.
and didn't know ur supposed to install drivers during by f6 just before
setup.
the damn motherboard manufacturer had NOTHING in the manual, and
although it was reposrted to be there, i found not a single reference
on their damn website!
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 11:31:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Because its common knowledge. If you don't know these things then don't
build computers.

--
Jonah
"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1109373407.813344.289720@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> solved it.
> it was a sata problem.
> i'd never used it before.
> and didn't know ur supposed to install drivers during by f6 just before
> setup.
> the damn motherboard manufacturer had NOTHING in the manual, and
> although it was reposrted to be there, i found not a single reference
> on their damn website!
>
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 11:31:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

> and didn't know ur supposed to install drivers during by f6 just before
> setup.

most BIOs tell you that on the post.



--
EasyFeelings
A+
MCP
MCSA

"When your computer is working good, That's an EasyFeeling"
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:41:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

That was real helpful...... I don't know why you even bother replying if you
are not going to try to help. This was a common error from a novice. He
will not ever get past the novice stage if he doesn't get his feet feet wet
in just dive in. At least the guy was trying to build his own computer and
wanted to learn what he was doing wrong. He came to the right place except
he found the likes of you.

"Sleepless in Seattle" wrote:

> Because its common knowledge. If you don't know these things then don't
> build computers.
>
> --
> Jonah
> "OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1109373407.813344.289720@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > solved it.
> > it was a sata problem.
> > i'd never used it before.
> > and didn't know ur supposed to install drivers during by f6 just before
> > setup.
> > the damn motherboard manufacturer had NOTHING in the manual, and
> > although it was reposrted to be there, i found not a single reference
> > on their damn website!
> >
>
>
>
!