Formatting 2 SATA HD's on K8T Neo FSR

I just need a bit of advise please.
I have 2 120GB WD SATA drives in RAID 0 array at the moment. The thing is,
they are constantly failing for some reason.Especially when playing
demanding 3D games (UT 2004, Half Life 2 etc.). I don't think the drive/s
are faulty. I've run thorough scandisk checks and Western Digitals own tools
and nothing ever shows up as being damaged.

What I want to do, is format the 2 SATA drives and just have them running as
normal. One with the OS(Win XP Home) on and the other as a backup device.
Do I need to disable the raid array in the bios before I begin ? Or will the
options be available to me when I'm reinstalling Windows ?

The mobo is the K8T Neo FSR with the latest bios (1.90).

mark

Delete the array
"redTed" <redted@nthellworld.com> wrote in message
>I just need a bit of advise please.
> I have 2 120GB WD SATA drives in RAID 0 array at the moment. The thing
> is, they are constantly failing for some reason.Especially when playing
> demanding 3D games (UT 2004, Half Life 2 etc.). I don't think the drive/s
> are faulty. I've run thorough scandisk checks and Western Digitals own
> tools and nothing ever shows up as being damaged.
>
> What I want to do, is format the 2 SATA drives and just have them running
> as normal. One with the OS(Win XP Home) on and the other as a backup
> device. Do I need to disable the raid array in the bios before I begin ?
> Or will the options be available to me when I'm reinstalling Windows ?
>
> The mobo is the K8T Neo FSR with the latest bios (1.90).

> Delete the array

I man of few words, I see.
Ok, thanks. Should I delete the array from BIOS or using the VIA RAID tool
or what ?

mark

Either way will do.

>> Delete the array
>
> I man of few words, I see.
> Ok, thanks. Should I delete the array from BIOS or using the VIA RAID tool
> or what ?

> Either way will do.

Ok.
Let's see what I can break !

Cheers.

Q for Mark, I have a SATA hd and a IDE hd in my K8N neo2 platinum--non
raided.

Right now the ide is the boot hd. How do I switch all the files to the new
sata and make it the boot hd with my ide as storage??

I tried by cloning my files onto the sata and messed with the bios, but
can't seem to make the sata bootable.