On Computer "A", I have enabled File Sharing at the C Drive level, and have
allowed full read/write access from the other computers on the network.

Computer "B" recognizes Computer "A" and can map a network drive to it.
Certain folders in Documents and Settings will not open and indicate that
Computer "B" does not have authorization.

Both computers are running XP. I have done this numerous times in the past
without a hitch. But there must be something different here. I have run the
Network Setup Wizard on Computer "A" successfully. I have even gone to the
specific folders on the C Drive of Computer "A" and have enabled File
Sharing at the folder level, but Computer "B" STILL can't open the
folder(s).

Any ideas?

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

>Certain folders in Documents and Settings will not open and indicate that
>Computer "B" does not have authorization.

Did you right click Documents and Settings and allow sharing ?

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

--
Jonah
"Tony Cannizzo" <sppremier@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> On Computer "A", I have enabled File Sharing at the C Drive level, and
> have allowed full read/write access from the other computers on the
> network.
>
> Computer "B" recognizes Computer "A" and can map a network drive to it.
> Certain folders in Documents and Settings will not open and indicate that
> Computer "B" does not have authorization.
>
> Both computers are running XP. I have done this numerous times in the past
> without a hitch. But there must be something different here. I have run
> the Network Setup Wizard on Computer "A" successfully. I have even gone to
> the specific folders on the C Drive of Computer "A" and have enabled File
> Sharing at the folder level, but Computer "B" STILL can't open the
> folder(s).
>
> Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS