Install a new motherboard and processer. Now when I start XP it crashes and
reboots. I can only see it for a second but it looks like a quick blue
screen of death before rebooting. I should also say that I installed a very
old video card temporarily until I get the new one tommorrow. I started in
safe mode and it appears that it is crashing on a program named mup
something. Is it the hardware change that is causing XP to crash or could
it be the video card? Thanks in advance.

Philo

"Armand Hammer" <mrgrocery@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Install a new motherboard and processer. Now when I start XP it crashes
and
> reboots. I can only see it for a second but it looks like a quick blue
> screen of death before rebooting. I should also say that I installed a
very
> old video card temporarily until I get the new one tommorrow. I started
in
> safe mode and it appears that it is crashing on a program named mup
> something. Is it the hardware change that is causing XP to crash or could
> it be the video card? Thanks in advance.

the hardware change did it
boot with your XP cd and perform a repair installtion
then re-apply your windows updates

thanks

> thanks

sure...
when you boot up
just don't go take the recovery console option
to get to the "repair" installation option