K7N2 Delta L & 200gb hard drive?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I just bought a 200gb WD HD, but it only shows as 132gb. Will the
latest bios (v5.8) solve this, or is there something else I need to
do?

Thanks,

Chris

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm guessing you're running Win XP ? There is a registry fix so XP can
recognize hard drives larger than 137 GB. Maxtor has a utility that will do
the change at:
http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/maxtor/menuitem.3c67e325e0a6b1f6294198b091346068/?channelpath=/en_us/Support/Software%20Downloads/ATA%20Hard%20Drives&downloadID=11

HTH,
Bob
"Chris" <cbryantNOSPAM@tsh.ca> wrote in message
>I just bought a 200gb WD HD, but it only shows as 132gb. Will the
> latest bios (v5.8) solve this, or is there something else I need to
> do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks. I installed SP1A & all's copacetic now, except for the fact
WinXP called the boot partition F.

Chris