XP reinstall and HP1000 printer question

a b α HP
February 25, 2005 11:52:53 PM

I want to make absolutely sure I have this right before I do it on
Monday.
I'm doing a reinstall of XP and I have a HP Laserjet 1000 printer. Since
new, I have downloaded several driver updates from HP, and have them
installed. I'm puzzled on one issue. I started out with the drivers
supplied on the CD. I installed the CD first, then the printer. Later on
I downloaded something called the (Ljhostbased-en) and an update driver
called (Lj629-en). I believe the instructions said to install the host
first then the update.
This is what I have on the computer right now and the printer works
fine.
If I reinstall XP, should I use the CD as before, then the host and the
update, or should I just use the host and the update without the CD
being necessary. I'm confused as to exactly what the "host" replaces or
doesn't replace as far as that initial CD is concerned.
Many thanks if someone familiar with HP's procedures can give me the
path I need to get through this reinstall properly with my printer.
Dudley
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 27, 2005 1:10:14 AM

Dudley, the HP CD probably has Software that's useful but not essential
to the operation of the Printer. Depending on if
you use this Software by all means reinstall it. But most importantly
would be the Host Driver. Which is much newer version than the one you have
on the CD. So basically all you need for operation is the Host Driver. Hope
this helps.

!