SATA and HD LED

Um, anyone using only sata and have their hd led work? My doesn't and
starting to think it's only going to work on the ide's.
OH, neo2 platinum, 1.4
Steve

mark

I have a KT6V LSR with 2 Sata's...the activity led just stays a solid amber,
no big deal, everything works fine.

Mark

"BillyBob" <um..ok..yeah@officespace.com> wrote in message
> Um, anyone using only sata and have their hd led work? My doesn't and
> starting to think it's only going to work on the ide's.
> OH, neo2 platinum, 1.4
> Steve

"BillyBob" <um..ok..yeah@officespace.com> wrote in message
> Um, anyone using only sata and have their hd led work? My doesn't and
> starting to think it's only going to work on the ide's.
> OH, neo2 platinum, 1.4
> Steve

Mine works fine, but with modern disk speeds you have to be moving big files
to see it. The best time to notice it is when loading WindowsXP, which takes
an age!

"John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "BillyBob" <um..ok..yeah@officespace.com> wrote in message
>> Um, anyone using only sata and have their hd led work? My doesn't and
>> starting to think it's only going to work on the ide's.
>> OH, neo2 platinum, 1.4
>> Steve
>>
> Mine works fine, but with modern disk speeds you have to be moving big
> files to see it. The best time to notice it is when loading WindowsXP,
> which takes an age!

Mine only comes on when I write to a CD or DVD ?!
MOBO: MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R (bios 1.9)
Seagate Barracuda SATA drive (single)

"spock" <mike.panchaud__nospam__@virgin.net> wrote in message

> "John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "BillyBob" <um..ok..yeah@officespace.com> wrote in message
>>> Um, anyone using only sata and have their hd led work? My doesn't and
>>> starting to think it's only going to work on the ide's.
>>> OH, neo2 platinum, 1.4
>>> Steve
>>>
>> Mine works fine, but with modern disk speeds you have to be moving big
>> files to see it. The best time to notice it is when loading WindowsXP,
>> which takes an age!
>>

> Mine only comes on when I write to a CD or DVD ?!
> MOBO: MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R (bios 1.9)
> Seagate Barracuda SATA drive (single)

I.'m not familer with that board. Does it have a seperate Sata chip? Some
makers "forget" to wire seperate chips to the IDE led driver.

> "spock" <mike.panchaud__nospam__@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "BillyBob" <um..ok..yeah@officespace.com> wrote in message
>>>>
>>> Mine works fine, but with modern disk speeds you have to be moving big
>>> files to see it. The best time to notice it is when loading WindowsXP,
>>> which takes an age!
>>>

>> Mine only comes on when I write to a CD or DVD ?!
>> MOBO: MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R (bios 1.9)
>> Seagate Barracuda SATA drive (single)
>>

> I.'m not familer with that board. Does it have a seperate Sata chip? Some
> makers "forget" to wire seperate chips to the IDE led driver.

Looking at the manual it is controlled from the southbridge VT8237 chip. It
says 'both SATA connectors are fully compliant with the Seral ATA 1.0 spec.
There is also on board a Promise 20387 chip which I am not using.

Mike.

Mine works fine, serial K0409xxxx.

Have you checked the led's connected the right way round? It'll only light
if it's polarity is correct.

Andy