What do you call this?

what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end it
had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound Blaster
Audio Card to my Home System

Thanks, Lynne

Philo

"Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end it
> had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound
Blaster
> Audio Card to my Home System
>
> Thanks, Lynne

do any of these look right?

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/6channel/

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

The white and red cable Sounds like RCA.
How does the digital cable look like ?

"Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end it
> had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound
> Blaster Audio Card to my Home System
>
> Thanks, Lynne

A digital to analogue (white and red) does not exist.

Likely what you have is a 1/8"mini stereo plug (male) to RCA cable (Right -
Red, Left - White). Use this for analogue stereo output to your home
stereo.

Find the digital output from your soundcard and send it to a digital input
on your stereo receiver. You can use one of 2 cables for this. One will
give you 2.1 digital, the other will give you 5.1 digital. Pick.

All this is on the back page of your quick install guide.

r.

P.S. I hope that's not your real email address - unless you like spam.

"Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end it
> had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound
> Blaster Audio Card to my Home System
>
> Thanks, Lynne

bar

A 'digital' cable is a Fibre Optic cable - which is a galss fibre.

An RCA [most common type used for Audio purposes] or other type are co-axial
- made of metal strands, most commonly copper.

Glass fibre cables conduct light.
Copper cable conduct electricity.

Now how do you expect your 'described' cable to function?

Light wont pass through a solid!

"Lynne's News" wrote:

> what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end it
> had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound Blaster
> Audio Card to my Home System
>
> Thanks, Lynne

Coaxial can be digital.

r.

>A 'digital' cable is a Fibre Optic cable - which is a galss fibre.
>
> An RCA [most common type used for Audio purposes] or other type are
> co-axial
> - made of metal strands, most commonly copper.
>
> Glass fibre cables conduct light.
> Copper cable conduct electricity.
>
> Now how do you expect your 'described' cable to function?
>
> Light wont pass through a solid!
>
> "Lynne's News" wrote:
>
>> what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end it
>> had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound
>> Blaster
>> Audio Card to my Home System
>>
>> Thanks, Lynne

my digital output cable is a stereo plug 1/4"

>A 'digital' cable is a Fibre Optic cable - which is a galss fibre.
>
> An RCA [most common type used for Audio purposes] or other type are
> co-axial
> - made of metal strands, most commonly copper.
>
> Glass fibre cables conduct light.
> Copper cable conduct electricity.
>
> Now how do you expect your 'described' cable to function?
>
> Light wont pass through a solid!
>
> "Lynne's News" wrote:
>
>> what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end it
>> had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound
>> Blaster
>> Audio Card to my Home System
>>
>> Thanks, Lynne

Found it, this is what I was talking about
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?

I know that ...I have some of those connected to my DVD player to my Home
System

"namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
> Coaxial can be digital.
>

> r.
>
> "BAR" <BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>A 'digital' cable is a Fibre Optic cable - which is a galss fibre.
>>
>> An RCA [most common type used for Audio purposes] or other type are
>> co-axial
>> - made of metal strands, most commonly copper.
>>
>> Glass fibre cables conduct light.
>> Copper cable conduct electricity.
>>
>> Now how do you expect your 'described' cable to function?
>>
>> Light wont pass through a solid!
>>
>> "Lynne's News" wrote:
>>
>>> what do you call a cable that has a digital cable and at the other end
>>> it
>>> had a white and red cable? I am trying to hook up my Creative Sound
>>> Blaster
>>> Audio Card to my Home System
>>>
>>> Thanks, Lynne

Bar..it does work except the sound is distorted and very very far away

>I know that ...I have some of those connected to my DVD player to my Home
>System
>
> "namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
>> Coaxial can be digital.
>>

>> r.
>>
>> "BAR" <BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>A 'digital' cable is a Fibre Optic cable - which is a galss fibre.
>>>
>>> An RCA [most common type used for Audio purposes] or other type are
>>> co-axial
>>> - made of metal strands, most commonly copper.
>>>
>>> Glass fibre cables conduct light.
>>> Copper cable conduct electricity.
>>>
>>> Now how do you expect your 'described' cable to function?
>>>
>>> Light wont pass through a solid!

This link just goes to their home page not to the item you intended.

r.

> Found it, this is what I was talking about
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?

1/8" Stereo Mini Plug to RCA Cable

> Bar..it does work except the sound is distorted and very very far away
>
> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>I know that ...I have some of those connected to my DVD player to my Home
>>System
>>
>> "namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
>>> Coaxial can be digital.
>>>

>>> r.
>>>
>>> "BAR" <BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Audigy 2 Platinum or Audigy 2 ZS Platinum?

What connections do you have on the drive bay (Platinum drive insert). RCA
SPDIF Output and/or Optical SPDIF Output?

What inputs do you have on your Pioneer receiver? RCA SPDIF Input and/or
Optical SPDIF Input?

r.

> 1/8" Stereo Mini Plug to RCA Cable
>
> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Bar..it does work except the sound is distorted and very very far away
>>
>> "Lynne's News" <lynnenerbonne@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>>I know that ...I have some of those connected to my DVD player to my Home
>>>System
>>>
>>> "namniar" <this@that> wrote in message

bar

From my reading of the information available at their website: all output
from this card is Analogue.

Are you confusing DTS [Digital Theater Systems] with 'Digital' output?

Anyhow from what you've posted in various places, it appears that you have
sound coming out from where you need it.

If the sound quality is poor - low volume - try increasing the volume levels
in the mixer panel on the PC, to get a higher output from the card, which
will generally improve the quality of the amplified sound from the surround
sound home system.