how do i combine my C&D drive on Fat 32

I have 2 drives on my computer, i.e., C and D, and each are 20 mg.. How in
the world do I combine the 2 so that I have a total of 40 mg? I am almost out
of room on my C drive, and need to know, in laymens, easily non-geek english
how to combine the 2. If you can, please email me at cocindee@msn.com..
thanks so much..

and do you know where I can get that? and if I do, is it pretty easy??

"cindeesue" wrote:

> I have 2 drives on my computer, i.e., C and D, and each are 20 mg.. How in
> the world do I combine the 2 so that I have a total of 40 mg? I am almost out
> of room on my C drive, and need to know, in laymens, easily non-geek english
> how to combine the 2. If you can, please email me at cocindee@msn.com..
> thanks so much..

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

It has to be NTFS.
MS has Dynamic volumes, but a dangerous way storing your
data. If one hard drive fails, then you loose everything.

"cindeesue" <cindeesue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 drives on my computer, i.e., C and D, and each are 20 mg.. How in
> the world do I combine the 2 so that I have a total of 40 mg? I am almost
> out
> of room on my C drive, and need to know, in laymens, easily non-geek
> english
> how to combine the 2. If you can, please email me at cocindee@msn.com..
> thanks so much..

You need a utility like Partition Magic. XP does not natively allow you to
resize partitions.

"cindeesue" <cindeesue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 drives on my computer, i.e., C and D, and each are 20 mg.. How in
> the world do I combine the 2 so that I have a total of 40 mg? I am almost
> out
> of room on my C drive, and need to know, in laymens, easily non-geek
> english
> how to combine the 2. If you can, please email me at cocindee@msn.com..
> thanks so much..

"cindeesue" <cindeesue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 drives on my computer, i.e., C and D, and each are 20 mg.. How in
> the world do I combine the 2 so that I have a total of 40 mg? I am almost
out
> of room on my C drive, and need to know, in laymens, easily non-geek
english
> how to combine the 2. If you can, please email me at cocindee@msn.com..
> thanks so much..

Do you have two physical disk drives, or do you have
one physical disk drive with two partitions?

no, i have partitions...

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "cindeesue" <cindeesue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have 2 drives on my computer, i.e., C and D, and each are 20 mg.. How in
> > the world do I combine the 2 so that I have a total of 40 mg? I am almost
> out
> > of room on my C drive, and need to know, in laymens, easily non-geek
> english
> > how to combine the 2. If you can, please email me at cocindee@msn.com..
> > thanks so much..
>
> Do you have two physical disk drives, or do you have
> one physical disk drive with two partitions?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You go to the local software store and buy Partition Magic.