Paging File Problems

G

For some odd reason, my paging file is screwed up. Everytime I start up, it tells me I don't have enough space for it, even though I set it to 384 MB and it shows as 384 MB in Windows Explorer. When I go to set it, it always tells me it's 20 MB. It then lets me change it, and when I restart, the changes are gone. I have full administrator privledges on this computer. This is an annoying problem, as it affects some high memory usage programs (like Baldur's Gate II). I have 256 MB RAM already. Thanks.

Neema

G

Set the "Initial Size" and the "Maximum Size" values for the paging file to zero and restart.

Set the "Initial Size" and the "Maximum Size" values to the recommended values and restart.

G

I've tried doing that and it doesn't work. I've also tried deleting the paging file in Explorer, and that doesn't work either. Everytime I start up, it gives me that box saying the paging file is too small and it will create one for me (20MB). Any more ideas? Thanks.

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
make <b>sure</b> that the 'system' has security privileges on the drive you have your swap file on. I had the exact same problem when I forgot to add 'system' on the security permisions list when i set my C:\ drive up for file sharing.

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

TRENDING THREADS