Drive Image 5 and SATA drive

Been using Drive Image 5 for a while, but now I have one SATA drive and one
NTFS drive. I assume Drive Image 5 doesnt recognize the SATA drive, so
could someone advise as to a good replacement. The drives are WD..

bar

Norton Ghost 9 is the new product.

"_MARK_" wrote:

> Been using Drive Image 5 for a while, but now I have one SATA drive and one
> NTFS drive. I assume Drive Image 5 doesnt recognize the SATA drive, so
> could someone advise as to a good replacement. The drives are WD..

True Image 8, by Acronis, is a good alternative to GHOST, which has now
merged with Drive Image. It supports NTFS, FAT, some LINUX partitions, and
external USB and firewire disks.

True Image supports most SATA controllers. Note that it is the disk
controller, not the disk's themselves, that needs drivers to work.
Trueimage uses XP to make images, but uses a LINUX-based bootable CD to
restore them, at least for the partition with the operating system. The
windows interface for True Image has an obvious clickable selection to make
bootable media, which can be floppy set, ZIP, or CD. I have had excellent
luck with the CD option.

They have a demo download that you can use to verify that the disk can be
seen and to give you a feel for the interface.

www.acronis.com

"_MARK_" <markstonecipher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Been using Drive Image 5 for a while, but now I have one SATA drive and
> one NTFS drive. I assume Drive Image 5 doesnt recognize the SATA drive,
> so could someone advise as to a good replacement. The drives are WD..

shaun

Your SATA drive can also be NTFS format. I assume you mean one SATA and one
ATA drive.

"_MARK_" <markstonecipher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Been using Drive Image 5 for a while, but now I have one SATA drive and
one
> NTFS drive. I assume Drive Image 5 doesnt recognize the SATA drive, so
> could someone advise as to a good replacement. The drives are WD..

bar

So what is True Image going to do about reimaging a Ghost file.....so far off
the mark!

As for NTFS and SATA or FAT32 and SATA or ATA-100... what's the relevance.

A drive can be imaged FAT32 or NTFS to another of a different format, and
can be restored to one of another format. Again...off the mark!

If you want to restore the old Ghost files to an SATA drive you need to get
hold of Ghost 9.

To do otherwise is like trying to run a petrol engine on diesel fuel. Just
a waste of time and money.

"Shaun" wrote:

> Your SATA drive can also be NTFS format. I assume you mean one SATA and one
> ATA drive.
>
> "_MARK_" <markstonecipher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Been using Drive Image 5 for a while, but now I have one SATA drive and
> one
> > NTFS drive. I assume Drive Image 5 doesnt recognize the SATA drive, so
> > could someone advise as to a good replacement. The drives are WD..

Not Ghost Files. Images are from Disk Image 5. Really irrevelant now,
since I've found another way to do it..

> So what is True Image going to do about reimaging a Ghost file.....so far
> off
> the mark!
>
> As for NTFS and SATA or FAT32 and SATA or ATA-100... what's the
> relevance.
>
> A drive can be imaged FAT32 or NTFS to another of a different format, and
> can be restored to one of another format. Again...off the mark!
>
> If you want to restore the old Ghost files to an SATA drive you need to
> get
> hold of Ghost 9.
>
> To do otherwise is like trying to run a petrol engine on diesel fuel.
> Just
> a waste of time and money.
>
> "Shaun" wrote:
>
>> Your SATA drive can also be NTFS format. I assume you mean one SATA and
>> one
>> ATA drive.
>>
>> "_MARK_" <markstonecipher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Been using Drive Image 5 for a while, but now I have one SATA drive and
>> one
>> > NTFS drive. I assume Drive Image 5 doesnt recognize the SATA drive, so
>> > could someone advise as to a good replacement. The drives are WD..

Err.. Sounds like the O/P is simply trying to figure out what new software
to purchase that is compatible with his new SATA drive, not to restore Ghost
files as you stated.

I do however like Ghost 9.0.

r.

_MARK_ wrote:
| Been using Drive Image 5 for a while, but now I have one SATA drive
| and one NTFS drive. I assume Drive Image 5 doesnt recognize the SATA
| drive, so could someone advise as to a good replacement. The drives
| are WD..

Go shopping for DI 7. I found DI7 and DI6 in the same box for a greatly
reduced price at the Staples store. Or you can pay the full price for
Ghost 9.