Wireless keyboard/Mouse with a Belkin OmniView 2-Port KVM ..

ces

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

All,

I just purchased a Belkin OmniView 2-Port KVM Switch and I'm having some
problems. First of all I'm using it with a MSFT Wireless Natural Multi-Media
keyboard I was able to kind of get it to work but I seem to be having issues
with the keyboard not typing keys and constantly adding the "a" key when I
type when I remove the switch from the equation the keyboard works just
fine.

Has anyone been able to get this combination to work?? And if so was their a
trick in doing so.

I've noticed that theirs an optional power connection which I don't have a
transformer for would that help????

Thanks in advance for you help - CES

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Wonder if the KVM switch is capable to recognize a wireless
mouse and keyboard.

"CES" <None @ none.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I just purchased a Belkin OmniView 2-Port KVM Switch and I'm having some
> problems. First of all I'm using it with a MSFT Wireless Natural
> Multi-Media keyboard I was able to kind of get it to work but I seem to be
> having issues with the keyboard not typing keys and constantly adding the
> "a" key when I type when I remove the switch from the equation the
> keyboard works just fine.
>

> Has anyone been able to get this combination to work?? And if so was their
> a trick in doing so.
>

> I've noticed that theirs an optional power connection which I don't have a
> transformer for would that help????
>

> Thanks in advance for you help - CES

ad

Ted wrote:
> Wonder if the KVM switch is capable to recognize a wireless
> mouse and keyboard.

I got a KVM switch last week, it was not a Belin, but it do not work
with my cordless keyboard, so I presume some signal is not put out by
the cordless keyboard. I am selling the switch to my brother, I will
just have to cope with two keyboards and two mice.

ces

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

AD,
Did it work at all or did you experiance to problems I decribed... adding
extra keys missing tped keys etc.. Did your box have a power adaptor??
CES