Neo2 Plat and 4 Sata drives?

I have a Neo2 Platinum with 1 gig Corsair C2Pro, FX55 and a pair of 36Gig
Raptors as Raid 0, I was running two 80Gig Seagate Sata drives on a cheapo
sata add in pci card. I then tried them on the other two sata channels on
the Nvidia controller and they worked fine.

Then I replaced one of the 80 gig drives with a 200gig Dmax10 sata drive and
all seemed ok for a while then I started having problems booting into
windows, the machine would freeze on the bios splash screen or on the
windows loading screen. I pulled the two extra hard drives and all boots
fine now.

I've tried the Dmax on its own and the Seagate on it's own and they work
fine but only alone, any ideas what could of caused this?

Thanks

Andy Howley skrev:
> I have a Neo2 Platinum with 1 gig Corsair C2Pro, FX55 and a pair of 36Gig
> Raptors as Raid 0, I was running two 80Gig Seagate Sata drives on a cheapo
> sata add in pci card. I then tried them on the other two sata channels on
> the Nvidia controller and they worked fine.
>
> Then I replaced one of the 80 gig drives with a 200gig Dmax10 sata drive and
> all seemed ok for a while then I started having problems booting into
> windows, the machine would freeze on the bios splash screen or on the
> windows loading screen. I pulled the two extra hard drives and all boots
> fine now.
>
> I've tried the Dmax on its own and the Seagate on it's own and they work
> fine but only alone, any ideas what could of caused this?
>
> Thanks

hi

no! but is you'r raid strip on sata1+2 or on sata3+4? what bios and nforce drivers do you
have? sata1+2 is not freq. locked, going unhappy over ~225-230mhz ht.

enabled sata dma or not?

"CoCo" <cocotmREMOVEremove@telia.com> wrote in message

> hi
>
> no! but is you'r raid strip on sata1+2 or on sata3+4? what bios and nforce
> drivers do you have? sata1+2 is not freq. locked, going unhappy over
> ~225-230mhz ht.
>
> enabled sata dma or not?

Erm, lets see, nforce 5.10 drivers, bios' 1.37 through to the current beta
1.5x.

Striped raid set on sata 3&4, Dmax 10 currently on sata 1 (tried switching
them round to no avail).

Only currently running at 215x13 for around 2.8 Ghz (not a great clocking
FX55, it produces errors in prime95 at 217 and takes a dump at 220).

Sata DMA is enabled on all channels.

Andy Howley skrev:
> "CoCo" <cocotmREMOVEremove@telia.com> wrote in message
>
>>hi
>>
>>no! but is you'r raid strip on sata1+2 or on sata3+4? what bios and nforce
>>drivers do you have? sata1+2 is not freq. locked, going unhappy over
>>~225-230mhz ht.
>>
>>enabled sata dma or not?
>

> Erm, lets see, nforce 5.10 drivers, bios' 1.37 through to the current beta
> 1.5x.
>
> Striped raid set on sata 3&4, Dmax 10 currently on sata 1 (tried switching
> them round to no avail).
>
> Only currently running at 215x13 for around 2.8 Ghz (not a great clocking
> FX55, it produces errors in prime95 at 217 and takes a dump at 220).
>
> Sata DMA is enabled on all channels.

hi again

it possibly that the new 200g sata drive is very sensitive to raised freq. on sata
channel, or just wont cope with any other drive connected too the same chip.

(i got my ht up to 273mhz before it crashed out on me in prime, no raised vcore! (ht mult 4x))

coco