I just dug out some floppies and inserted them one by one in my floppy drive
and guess what? I see the files found on the first disk inserted one each
additional disk. Even see them after I remove the floppy from the drive. Is
this thing caching them or what? Anybody know how to make this thing stop
caching and show me the files on each new disk as I insert it?

Win XP Pro, 512mb, Pentium IV 1.7, 200gb HDD

Joe Cuz

bar

To 'refresh' the window press F5 [or ctl + F5].

"Joe Cousins" wrote:

> I just dug out some floppies and inserted them one by one in my floppy drive
> and guess what? I see the files found on the first disk inserted one each
> additional disk. Even see them after I remove the floppy from the drive. Is
> this thing caching them or what? Anybody know how to make this thing stop
> caching and show me the files on each new disk as I insert it?
>
> Win XP Pro, 512mb, Pentium IV 1.7, 200gb HDD
>
> Joe Cuz

Philo

"Joe Cousins" <JoeCousins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just dug out some floppies and inserted them one by one in my floppy
drive
> and guess what? I see the files found on the first disk inserted one each
> additional disk. Even see them after I remove the floppy from the drive.
Is
> this thing caching them or what? Anybody know how to make this thing stop
> caching and show me the files on each new disk as I insert it?
>
> Win XP Pro, 512mb, Pentium IV 1.7, 200gb HDD
>
> Joe Cuz

I saw that once on a drive that was defective...
try another drive if pressing the F5 key does not solve the problem

"Joe Cousins" <JoeCousins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just dug out some floppies and inserted them one by one in my floppy
>drive
> and guess what? I see the files found on the first disk inserted one each
> additional disk. Even see them after I remove the floppy from the drive.
> Is
> this thing caching them or what? Anybody know how to make this thing stop
> caching and show me the files on each new disk as I insert it?
>
> Win XP Pro, 512mb, Pentium IV 1.7, 200gb HDD
>
> Joe Cuz

This is usually the result of a bad floppy cable. You can either refresh
manually or, if for some reason you use enough floppies, replace the ribbon
cable to correct it.

shaun

I have seen this as a xp problem. Boot off a 98 boot disk and watch the
problem go away.