K8N NEO 2 Platinum and Nvidia Firewall?

Craig

I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
this firewall?

TIA,
Craig

Craig

"Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
> this firewall?
>
> TIA,
> Craig

Here is review of the NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manger on a
Gigabyte motherboard http://www.bit-tech.net/feature/35/
But is this available for download for the for the MSI K8N NEO
Platinum motherboard?

Craig

Craig

"Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
> this firewall?
>
> TIA,
> Craig

I found it.....

I downloaded the NVIDIA Firewall here
http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_97.htm

For Gigabyte but works with my MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum motherboard.
Must have the NVIDIA onboard NIC enabled to use.

Craig

MMM

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2005

"Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
> this firewall?
>
> TIA,
> Craig

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=NVIDIA+firewall&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Craig

"mmm" <mmmm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
>> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
>> this firewall?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Craig
>>

> http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=NVIDIA+firewall&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Been their done that...but where is the actual download site?

Craig

minotaur

Craig wrote:
> "mmm" <mmmm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
>>>this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
>>>this firewall?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>Craig
>>>

>>http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=NVIDIA+firewall&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
>>

> Been their done that...but where is the actual download site?
>
> Craig

Well, from looking at Google. nVidia firewall is hardware, so all you
need are the Forceware nVidia chipset drivers, from nVidia.

"Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
> this firewall?
>
> TIA,
> Craig

This is a "designed for business" product as it assumes your internet
connection is via the network. It donsn't recognize my ADSL modem at all.
This isn't suprising as it's a hardware firewall checking the chipset lan
without the need of software.

Craig

"John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
>> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
>> this firewall?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Craig
>>

> This is a "designed for business" product as it assumes your internet
> connection is via the network. It donsn't recognize my ADSL modem at all.
> This isn't suprising as it's a hardware firewall checking the chipset lan
> without the need of software.

Well it works fine for my "home" network behind a router on cable modem.
I can open up "DMZ" zone on my router and expose the Neo 2 computer
running the NVIDIA Firewall so it's not protected by the router. When
running
the Neo 2 computer with the NVIDIA Firewall I get all Stealth from Shields
Up.
http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

> "John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
>>>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
>>> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
>>> this firewall?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> Craig
>>>

>> This is a "designed for business" product as it assumes your internet
>> connection is via the network. It donsn't recognize my ADSL modem at all.
>> This isn't suprising as it's a hardware firewall checking the chipset lan
>> without the need of software.
>>

> Well it works fine for my "home" network behind a router on cable modem.
> I can open up "DMZ" zone on my router and expose the Neo 2 computer
> running the NVIDIA Firewall so it's not protected by the router. When
> running
> the Neo 2 computer with the NVIDIA Firewall I get all Stealth from Shields
> Up.
> http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
>
> Craig

The vast majority of "home" users will have their modem directly connected
via serial or USB. A lan only firewall is not a home product and Nvidia
should make that clearer.

Craig wrote:
> I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
> this firewall?
>
> TIA,
> Craig

It recommends "not to install" this in the manual. Don't know why but if
you bought the motherboard I would have to think it came with a manual.
Read it.

> Well it works fine for my "home" network behind a router on cable modem.
> I can open up "DMZ" zone on my router and expose the Neo 2 computer
> running the NVIDIA Firewall so it's not protected by the router. When
> running
> the Neo 2 computer with the NVIDIA Firewall I get all Stealth from Shields
> Up.
> http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

Here is what the manual says:

6. The following screen displays the installation of NVIDIA Firewall and
ForceWare Network Access Manager. It is a software firewall to protect
the softwares from hacking.
However, it is strongly suggested that you do not install this
component, for you have to search other PC with its IP address instead
of its PC name in your local network. Click No to continue.
If you accidentally install NVIDIA Firewall and ForceWare Network Access
Manager,
we recommend you uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs function
in the Control Panel.

Craig

"BF" <b123f@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Craig wrote:
>> I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
>> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
>> this firewall?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Craig
>>

> It recommends "not to install" this in the manual. Don't know why but if
> you bought the motherboard I would have to think it came with a manual.
> Read it.

What is the page number in the manual? The NVIDIA firewall works fine,
I was just trying it out.
I'm behind a Hardware router with NAT, I'm safe behind the router, plus
I run a software firewall Sygate Pro. I never had any problems
with the NVIDIA firewall.
I went back to Sygate Pro because it has more features.

NVIDIA Hardware Firewall is such a big selling point on these motherboards
Plus the newer Nforce 4 motherboard mention the NVIDIA Firewall.
That's the only reason I wanted to try it.
If I choose to run it's my business. I didn't say for anybody else to.
LOL are you a cop? If not you should be.

Craig

Here is a link to the section of the manual that says not to install. It
is talking about Nvidia Software Firewall though.

I don't know or really care what the difference is, but here it is for
what it is worth.

http://img14.paintedover.com/uploads/14/nvidia_1.jpg