K8N NEO 2 Platinum and Nvidia Firewall?

I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
this firewall?

TIA,
Craig
13 answers Last reply
More about platinum nvidia firewall

    "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    > this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    > this firewall?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Craig

    Here is review of the NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manger on a
    Gigabyte motherboard http://www.bit-tech.net/feature/35/
    But is this available for download for the for the MSI K8N NEO
    Platinum motherboard?

    Craig
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/security.html
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    > this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    > this firewall?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Craig

    I found it.....

    I downloaded the NVIDIA Firewall here
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_97.htm

    For Gigabyte but works with my MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum motherboard.
    Must have the NVIDIA onboard NIC enabled to use.

    Craig
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    > this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    > this firewall?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Craig

    http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=NVIDIA+firewall&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "mmm" <mmmm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    >> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    >> this firewall?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Craig
    >>

    > http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=NVIDIA+firewall&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

    Been their done that...but where is the actual download site?

    Craig
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Craig wrote:
    > "mmm" <mmmm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    >>>this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    >>>this firewall?
    >>>
    >>>TIA,
    >>>Craig
    >>>

    >>http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=NVIDIA+firewall&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
    >>

    > Been their done that...but where is the actual download site?
    >
    > Craig

    Well, from looking at Google. nVidia firewall is hardware, so all you
    need are the Forceware nVidia chipset drivers, from nVidia.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    > this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    > this firewall?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Craig

    This is a "designed for business" product as it assumes your internet
    connection is via the network. It donsn't recognize my ADSL modem at all.
    This isn't suprising as it's a hardware firewall checking the chipset lan
    without the need of software.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    >> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    >> this firewall?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Craig
    >>

    > This is a "designed for business" product as it assumes your internet
    > connection is via the network. It donsn't recognize my ADSL modem at all.
    > This isn't suprising as it's a hardware firewall checking the chipset lan
    > without the need of software.

    Well it works fine for my "home" network behind a router on cable modem.
    I can open up "DMZ" zone on my router and expose the Neo 2 computer
    running the NVIDIA Firewall so it's not protected by the router. When
    running
    the Neo 2 computer with the NVIDIA Firewall I get all Stealth from Shields
    Up.
    http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

    Craig
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    > "John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Craig" <124365870910nospam@nospam.n0spam.net> wrote in message
    >>>I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    >>> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    >>> this firewall?
    >>>
    >>> TIA,
    >>> Craig
    >>>

    >> This is a "designed for business" product as it assumes your internet
    >> connection is via the network. It donsn't recognize my ADSL modem at all.
    >> This isn't suprising as it's a hardware firewall checking the chipset lan
    >> without the need of software.
    >>

    > Well it works fine for my "home" network behind a router on cable modem.
    > I can open up "DMZ" zone on my router and expose the Neo 2 computer
    > running the NVIDIA Firewall so it's not protected by the router. When
    > running
    > the Neo 2 computer with the NVIDIA Firewall I get all Stealth from Shields
    > Up.
    > http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
    >
    > Craig

    The vast majority of "home" users will have their modem directly connected
    via serial or USB. A lan only firewall is not a home product and Nvidia
    should make that clearer.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Craig wrote:
    > I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    > this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    > this firewall?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Craig

    It recommends "not to install" this in the manual. Don't know why but if
    you bought the motherboard I would have to think it came with a manual.
    Read it.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    > Well it works fine for my "home" network behind a router on cable modem.
    > I can open up "DMZ" zone on my router and expose the Neo 2 computer
    > running the NVIDIA Firewall so it's not protected by the router. When
    > running
    > the Neo 2 computer with the NVIDIA Firewall I get all Stealth from Shields
    > Up.
    > http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

    Here is what the manual says:

    6. The following screen displays the installation of NVIDIA Firewall and
    ForceWare Network Access Manager. It is a software firewall to protect
    the softwares from hacking.
    However, it is strongly suggested that you do not install this
    component, for you have to search other PC with its IP address instead
    of its PC name in your local network. Click No to continue.
    If you accidentally install NVIDIA Firewall and ForceWare Network Access
    Manager,
    we recommend you uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs function
    in the Control Panel.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "BF" <b123f@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Craig wrote:
    >> I recently purchased a K8N NEO 2 Platinum motherboard, I read somewhere
    >> this motherboard can use a NVIDIA firewall? If so where can you download
    >> this firewall?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Craig
    >>

    > It recommends "not to install" this in the manual. Don't know why but if
    > you bought the motherboard I would have to think it came with a manual.
    > Read it.

    What is the page number in the manual? The NVIDIA firewall works fine,
    I was just trying it out.
    I'm behind a Hardware router with NAT, I'm safe behind the router, plus
    I run a software firewall Sygate Pro. I never had any problems
    with the NVIDIA firewall.
    I went back to Sygate Pro because it has more features.

    NVIDIA Hardware Firewall is such a big selling point on these motherboards
    Plus the newer Nforce 4 motherboard mention the NVIDIA Firewall.
    That's the only reason I wanted to try it.
    If I choose to run it's my business. I didn't say for anybody else to.
    LOL are you a cop? If not you should be.

    Craig
  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Here is a link to the section of the manual that says not to install. It
    is talking about Nvidia Software Firewall though.

    I don't know or really care what the difference is, but here it is for
    what it is worth.

    http://img14.paintedover.com/uploads/14/nvidia_1.jpg

    > What is the page number in the manual? The NVIDIA firewall works fine,
    > I was just trying it out.
    > I'm behind a Hardware router with NAT, I'm safe behind the router, plus
    > I run a software firewall Sygate Pro. I never had any problems
    > with the NVIDIA firewall.
    > I went back to Sygate Pro because it has more features.
    >
    > NVIDIA Hardware Firewall is such a big selling point on these motherboards
    > Plus the newer Nforce 4 motherboard mention the NVIDIA Firewall.
    > That's the only reason I wanted to try it.
    > If I choose to run it's my business. I didn't say for anybody else to.
    > LOL are you a cop? If not you should be.
    >
    > Craig

MSI-Microstar Platinum Firewalls Motherboards Nvidia