Hello,

i currently bought a USB male to PS2 Female adapter for my mouse. but i am
having a few hardware problems. the link below is picture of item so that you
know what exactly i am talking about.
http://www.llamatronics.com/comp/cables/kb-usbm-ps2f.jpg.

it either gives message as Unknown device or if you try to install it via
automattically driver search, it gives the error as
""The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for
this device instance"."

i have tried with my other pcs it works fine with same and with some it wont
work at all. can any one please help

Regards,
Mas

Try looking in BIOS and mobo manual. Re: USB mouse.

r.

"Masood" <Masood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i currently bought a USB male to PS2 Female adapter for my mouse. but i am
> having a few hardware problems. the link below is picture of item so that
> you
> know what exactly i am talking about.
> http://www.llamatronics.com/comp/cables/kb-usbm-ps2f.jpg.
>
> it either gives message as Unknown device or if you try to install it via
> automattically driver search, it gives the error as
> ""The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for
> this device instance"."
>
> i have tried with my other pcs it works fine with same and with some it
> wont
> work at all. can any one please help
>
> Regards,
> Mas

nops doesnt work this way as well mate

"namniar" wrote:

> Try looking in BIOS and mobo manual. Re: USB mouse.
>
> r.
>
> "Masood" <Masood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > i currently bought a USB male to PS2 Female adapter for my mouse. but i am
> > having a few hardware problems. the link below is picture of item so that
> > you
> > know what exactly i am talking about.
> > http://www.llamatronics.com/comp/cables/kb-usbm-ps2f.jpg.
> >
> > it either gives message as Unknown device or if you try to install it via
> > automattically driver search, it gives the error as
> > ""The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for
> > this device instance"."
> >
> > i have tried with my other pcs it works fine with same and with some it
> > wont
> > work at all. can any one please help
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mas

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

That adapter should work fine. Mine works without any trouble at all.
Go to device manager (right click on my computer, properties, hardware,
device manager. Delete the line showing "Mouse" , Plug in your USB mouse and
reboot.
Should come right up with a working USB Mouse Cursor.

Any PS2 mouse "won't work", the hardware (mouse) has to be designed as USB
and PS2 compatible, and the manufacturer had to write a driver to use when
the mouse is connected to the USB port versus the PS2 port.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Masood" <Masood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> i currently bought a USB male to PS2 Female adapter for my mouse. but i am
> having a few hardware problems. the link below is picture of item so that
you
> know what exactly i am talking about.
> http://www.llamatronics.com/comp/cables/kb-usbm-ps2f.jpg.
>
> it either gives message as Unknown device or if you try to install it via
> automattically driver search, it gives the error as
> ""The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for
> this device instance"."
>
> i have tried with my other pcs it works fine with same and with some it
wont
> work at all. can any one please help
>
> Regards,
> Mas

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

ANY (LATE MODEL WITHIN THE LAST COUPLE YEARS) PS2 MOUSE WILL WORK WITH THAT
ADAPTER..........
(If it has a PS2 End (small plug)

Masood wrote:
| Hello,
|
| i currently bought a USB male to PS2 Female adapter for my mouse. but
| i am having a few hardware problems. the link below is picture of
| item so that you know what exactly i am talking about.
| http://www.llamatronics.com/comp/cables/kb-usbm-ps2f.jpg.
|
| it either gives message as Unknown device or if you try to install it
| via automattically driver search, it gives the error as
| ""The installation failed because a function driver was not specified
| for this device instance"."
|
| i have tried with my other pcs it works fine with same and with some
| it wont work at all. can any one please help
|
| Regards,
| Mas

Those are two different devices. Look at the arrow on the PS2 end.