K8N Diamond - NO WLAN/BLUETOOTH

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Despite the fact that MSI have been advertising the bluetooth/wlan
bits included with the K8N Diamond, despite the fact that the box says
they are included, the paperwork in the box says they are there, even
the man at Scan says it is there...

*** There is no bluetooth/wlan included ***

Apparently, we do not get one here. Even though MSI said we do.

That is, until they got complaints and quickly changed everything on
their site to say 'not included in some regions', yet it is still
advertised on the UK site. MSI are trying to backtrack and say there
were always *two* versions of the Diamond - with and without the
missing bits. Hmmm... News to me, and just about everyone else I've
talked to.

To add insult, MSI say they will give a discount to Diamond owners who
want to buy what they thought they had already bought.

Out of curiosity, has *anyone* got the bluetooth/wlan bits included???

Oh, and if you are thinking of getting a K8N Diamond, make sure your
PSU has -5V - many modern ones don't since it has hardly been used
since ISA slots. Until now.

<sarcasm>
Thanks MSI
</sarcasm>

Rick Fox.

"Rick" <ME@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Despite the fact that MSI have been advertising the bluetooth/wlan
> bits included with the K8N Diamond, despite the fact that the box says
> they are included, the paperwork in the box says they are there, even
> the man at Scan says it is there...
>
> *** There is no bluetooth/wlan included ***
>
> Apparently, we do not get one here. Even though MSI said we do.
>
> That is, until they got complaints and quickly changed everything on
> their site to say 'not included in some regions', yet it is still
> advertised on the UK site. MSI are trying to backtrack and say there
> were always *two* versions of the Diamond - with and without the
> missing bits. Hmmm... News to me, and just about everyone else I've
> talked to.
>
> To add insult, MSI say they will give a discount to Diamond owners who
> want to buy what they thought they had already bought.
>
> Out of curiosity, has *anyone* got the bluetooth/wlan bits included???
>
> Oh, and if you are thinking of getting a K8N Diamond, make sure your
> PSU has -5V - many modern ones don't since it has hardly been used
> since ISA slots. Until now.
>
> <sarcasm>
> Thanks MSI
> </sarcasm>
>
> Rick Fox.

They should have done a better job with the "documentation" sent out,
including web info etc. The manual at one point states that the creative
chip supports Dolby ENCODING. No it dosn't!

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:41:06 -0000, "John Russell"
<john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Rick" <ME@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>> Despite the fact that MSI have been advertising the bluetooth/wlan
>> bits included with the K8N Diamond, despite the fact that the box says
>> they are included, the paperwork in the box says they are there, even
>> the man at Scan says it is there...
>>
>> *** There is no bluetooth/wlan included ***
>>
>> Apparently, we do not get one here. Even though MSI said we do.
>>
>> That is, until they got complaints and quickly changed everything on
>> their site to say 'not included in some regions', yet it is still
>> advertised on the UK site. MSI are trying to backtrack and say there
>> were always *two* versions of the Diamond - with and without the
>> missing bits. Hmmm... News to me, and just about everyone else I've
>> talked to.
>>
>> To add insult, MSI say they will give a discount to Diamond owners who
>> want to buy what they thought they had already bought.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, has *anyone* got the bluetooth/wlan bits included???
>>
>> Oh, and if you are thinking of getting a K8N Diamond, make sure your
>> PSU has -5V - many modern ones don't since it has hardly been used
>> since ISA slots. Until now.
>>
>> <sarcasm>
>> Thanks MSI
>> </sarcasm>
>>
>> Rick Fox.
>
>They should have done a better job with the "documentation" sent out,
>including web info etc. The manual at one point states that the creative
>chip supports Dolby ENCODING. No it dosn't!

Agreed. The manual is incorrect in a number of places. The screen
images of some of the software doesn't match the real thing and the
pictures of the motherboard show some different sockets.

When I bought my Asus TX97XE the moment it hit the shelves, I
regretted it. A new HW revision came out to fix all the problems!

When I bought an Abit in similar circumstances - same again.

Why then did I rush to get another brand-new board???

I'll never learn.

Rick.

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:41:06 -0000, "John Russell"
> <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Rick" <ME@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>>> Despite the fact that MSI have been advertising the bluetooth/wlan
>>> bits included with the K8N Diamond, despite the fact that the box says
>>> they are included, the paperwork in the box says they are there, even
>>> the man at Scan says it is there...
>>>
>>> *** There is no bluetooth/wlan included ***
>>>
>>> Apparently, we do not get one here. Even though MSI said we do.
>>>
>>> That is, until they got complaints and quickly changed everything on
>>> their site to say 'not included in some regions', yet it is still
>>> advertised on the UK site. MSI are trying to backtrack and say there
>>> were always *two* versions of the Diamond - with and without the
>>> missing bits. Hmmm... News to me, and just about everyone else I've
>>> talked to.
>>>
>>> To add insult, MSI say they will give a discount to Diamond owners who
>>> want to buy what they thought they had already bought.
>>>
>>> Out of curiosity, has *anyone* got the bluetooth/wlan bits included???
>>>
>>> Oh, and if you are thinking of getting a K8N Diamond, make sure your
>>> PSU has -5V - many modern ones don't since it has hardly been used
>>> since ISA slots. Until now.
>>>
>>> <sarcasm>
>>> Thanks MSI
>>> </sarcasm>
>>>
>>> Rick Fox.
>>
>>They should have done a better job with the "documentation" sent out,
>>including web info etc. The manual at one point states that the creative
>>chip supports Dolby ENCODING. No it dosn't!
>>

> Agreed. The manual is incorrect in a number of places. The screen
> images of some of the software doesn't match the real thing and the
> pictures of the motherboard show some different sockets.
>
> When I bought my Asus TX97XE the moment it hit the shelves, I
> regretted it. A new HW revision came out to fix all the problems!
>
> When I bought an Abit in similar circumstances - same again.
>
> Why then did I rush to get another brand-new board???
>
> I'll never learn.
>
> Rick.

It's an addiction! You get the "high" of buying new kit, closely followed by
"cold turkey" as you try to get it working properly.