KT6V-LSR giving high temp with Athlon 2700

Hi,
Using standard AMD HSF on this board I was getting idle temps of 57 - 62
C. Having built more than a dozen AMD boxes in the past couple of years and
with temps not showing higher than 48 C and mostly in the high 30's I was
moderately concerned. Bought a Thermaltake HSF and the idle temp dropped to
52 - 57 C at idle. Yet it all seems kind of high to me. Can I trust the MSI
sensor or should I be persuing this further. By the way, the CPU processes
show 0 to 2 % at these temperatures.
I'd appreciate any of your observations either with this board or with
MSI temp sensors.
Is there any other software that I ought to use to get a more reliable
reading, or are these temps probably correct and something I should be
living with and not to consider it unless the box locks up?

Thanks,
--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net

mark

I have the KT6V-LSR with a Barton 2600...temps stay around 46c with a
Aerocool copper HSF. I would check the temp in the BIO's.

Mark