XP freezes when Transcend USB 2.0 JetFlash 4Gb drive is in..

March 1, 2005 9:03:14 AM

Hello All,
I have bought Transcend USB 2.0 JetFlash 4Gb flash drive, formated it under
Windows 2000 (that I use in the office) as NTFS with compression. When at my
home PC I inserted it into a USB port the system went frozen (niether
keyboard, nor mouse working). No blue screens, no error messages. Unplugging
the Flash drive would not help - only reset. At home I use Windows XP home
edition SP2. Other USB devices (Epson RX600 scanner/printer, external USB HDD
and Logitech Joystik) are working properly. I tried the flash drive on my
friend's notebook with Windows XP pro and it it worked fine.
Any suggestions?

--
Thanks
Bona Mens, a.k.a. Volray

More about : freezes transcend usb jetflash 4gb drive

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:28:09 AM

Bona Mens <BonaMens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have bought Transcend USB 2.0 JetFlash 4Gb flash drive, formated it under
>Windows 2000 (that I use in the office) as NTFS with compression. When at my
>home PC I inserted it into a USB port the system went frozen (niether
>keyboard, nor mouse working). No blue screens, no error messages. Unplugging
>the Flash drive would not help - only reset. At home I use Windows XP home
>edition SP2. Other USB devices (Epson RX600 scanner/printer, external USB HDD
>and Logitech Joystik) are working properly. I tried the flash drive on my
>friend's notebook with Windows XP pro and it it worked fine.

Refomat the stick as FAT32 just to make sure that the compressed NTFS
format is not the cause of the problem.
Remove all invalid and hidden USB devices from the Device Manager and
retry.
"Device Manager Does Not Display Devices That Are Not Connected to the
Windows XP-Based Computer"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315539).

--
(tm)