Spread Spectrum

Does anyone know what needs to be done to make it possible to turn of
spread spectrum in the bios of a K8n Neo2 Platinum? I can't even go to
it. It just skips over it so something needs to be turned on first.

BF wrote:
> Does anyone know what needs to be done to make it possible to turn of
> spread spectrum in the bios of a K8n Neo2 Platinum? I can't even go to
> it. It just skips over it so something needs to be turned on first.

I have been trying to find out the same thing. I have read that it is
more stable to turn it off if overclocking. There must be something that
needs to be enabled or disabled first before you can get access to
spread spectrum. I guess no one on this group knows about this.

Rod Williams <Rodf@adelphia.net> wrote in news:QN6dndnUEpLYppnfRVn-
vw@adelphia.com:

> BF wrote:
>> Does anyone know what needs to be done to make it possible to turn of
>> spread spectrum in the bios of a K8n Neo2 Platinum? I can't even go to
>> it. It just skips over it so something needs to be turned on first.
>

> I have been trying to find out the same thing. I have read that it is
> more stable to turn it off if overclocking. There must be something that
> needs to be enabled or disabled first before you can get access to
> spread spectrum. I guess no one on this group knows about this.

Just installed K8n Neo2 Palt. and Athlon64. While looking through the BIOS
settings I noticed the Spread Spectrum setting. It was not greyed out or
restricted in any way. I turned it off without any problem. Maybe you can
turn it off by reseting the BIOS to defaults.