Memory won't work in MSI K8N Neo 2 Plat.......Corsair TWIN..

Sanchez

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2003

This is driving me nuts i have tried everything and don't wan't to
wast the time of typing all my attempts in so here's the basic
prob.........put the memory in in all of the combination in the manual
and get nothing EXCEPT for the beeping memory error.

My system works with some cheapo DDR PC 2700 mem i have. But not even
close with the Dual Channel 400Mhz ones!

Any advice would save me from going crazy.

Thanx in advance, i hope.

muadib

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002

Hi Sanchez..

Do you try to update the BIOS? perhaps could help you.

Good Luck, Muadib

Sanchez

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2003

Muadib <muadibPASA@DELAGENTE.com> wrote in message news:<36i35lF4tvsqdU2@individual.net>...
> Hi Sanchez..
>
> Do you try to update the BIOS? perhaps could help you.
>
> Good Luck, Muadib

My bios is updated to the newest version..........still a no go.

pat

Expert

You may need to go into the BIOS configuration and set the CAS timing
to a large number; the SPD may be read incorrectly by the BIOS. Some
memory works at CAS2 on P4 and CAS2.5 on Athlon 64. You should also
email MSI tech support; the first thing they'll do is send back the
most recent BIOS, which may be newer than the one on their web site
(they did this when I had a different memory problem on a K8T Neo2; got
a beta BIOS that fixed the problem).