no sound or control level

I installed new HDD I had sound for few days then it disappered, I did down
load the driver from the manufacurer of my pc ( it is integrated sound card)
I tried almost everything but still no joy:(, can you help.

thank you
--
taz

There's a post 25 Feb ("MIC will not work") - have a look at that, possibly
relevant.
..
FWIW, new HDD shouldn't have any effect/relevance to sound, unless the HDD
is a new primary (boot) disk and re-installing XP OS and drivers has failed
to load correct driver. More likely the sound chip is kaput (you said it did
work for a while).

Sincerely, Len
"kool_guy" <koolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed new HDD I had sound for few days then it disappered, I did down
> load the driver from the manufacurer of my pc ( it is integrated sound
> card)
> I tried almost everything but still no joy:(, can you help.
>
> thank you
> --
> taz

actully I tried the old HDD and the sound still working so nothing wrong
with the chip,my new HDD is is not master, I can use the old one as master
drive for some reason, on device manager under sound video and game
controller, only sound MAxintegrated digi audio and unimodem, no sign of
media control devices!

"yabbadoo" wrote:

> There's a post 25 Feb ("MIC will not work") - have a look at that, possibly
> relevant.
> ..
> FWIW, new HDD shouldn't have any effect/relevance to sound, unless the HDD
> is a new primary (boot) disk and re-installing XP OS and drivers has failed
> to load correct driver. More likely the sound chip is kaput (you said it did
> work for a while).
>
> Sincerely, Len
> "kool_guy" <koolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed new HDD I had sound for few days then it disappered, I did down
> > load the driver from the manufacurer of my pc ( it is integrated sound
> > card)
> > I tried almost everything but still no joy:(, can you help.
> >
> > thank you
> > --
> > taz

Is there any IRQ conflict?