Foldable keyboard for Hp4350??

July 16, 2004 12:54:10 AM

Hi,

I bought a Targus Universal Wireless PDA keyboard only to find that it is
not compatable with my h4530 and freezes the system when i try to run the
drivers. Is there any way to make it work, and if not, what brand and model
keyboard IS Compatable? Thanks.
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 12:54:11 AM

From what I've read the 4350 can't use any keyboard other than it's own. Hp
said that there was no need to support external keyboards because the 4350
has one built in.

rights...

"Asterix" <alon.wolman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I bought a Targus Universal Wireless PDA keyboard only to find that it is
> not compatable with my h4530 and freezes the system when i try to run the
> drivers. Is there any way to make it work, and if not, what brand and
> model
> keyboard IS Compatable? Thanks.

July 16, 2004 3:17:42 AM

The built-in keyboard is a functional input method but is nowhere near as
fast as entry with a more standard size and layout keyboard. I would like to
use my PDA to take notes in a classroom setting, and the built-in keyboard
just won't cut it. The Samsonite Universal Wireless Keyboard is supposedly
'truly' universal. The Stowaway Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard says it works
with the h4350, but costs twice as much as the Samsonite.

"Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices]" <e_dadu@nomospam.yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:esFnxBraEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> From what I've read the 4350 can't use any keyboard other than it's own.
Hp
> said that there was no need to support external keyboards because the 4350
> has one built in.
>
> --
> Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

> rights...
>

> "Asterix" <alon.wolman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I bought a Targus Universal Wireless PDA keyboard only to find that it
is
> > not compatable with my h4530 and freezes the system when i try to run
the
> > drivers. Is there any way to make it work, and if not, what brand and
> > model
> > keyboard IS Compatable? Thanks.

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:17:43 AM

(following is theory only)

after using the built in keyboard following a soft reset, take a look at

start/settings/system/memory/running_programs and see if a keyboard
utility is showing.

If so, you might be able to find the driver startup in the
\windows\start_up folder and move to a different location.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!