Got a new monitor that recommends resolution at 1280x1024. Maybe my eyes are
worse than I thought but that is just way too difficult to read! Actually my
eyes aren't that bad. I prefer the resolution at 1024x768 and believe it or
not 800x600 is not that bad either. Please explain why they recommend
resolution that high. I know by defintion higher resolution is better but if
everything becomes that small that it's difficult to read then it seems to
defeat the purpose. Thanks.

bar

LCD or CRT display?

No real issue with a CRT.

An LCD will have a unique pixel or dot for each number in the resolution,
that is at 1280 x 1024 it has 1280 pixels across each of the 1024 lines down.

A lower resolution means that the image is 'merged' or 'blurred' across more
than one pixel and will give an image of less 'sharpness' than is possible at
the higher resolution.

"ATCStephen" wrote:

> Got a new monitor that recommends resolution at 1280x1024. Maybe my eyes are
> worse than I thought but that is just way too difficult to read! Actually my
> eyes aren't that bad. I prefer the resolution at 1024x768 and believe it or
> not 800x600 is not that bad either. Please explain why they recommend
> resolution that high. I know by defintion higher resolution is better but if
> everything becomes that small that it's difficult to read then it seems to
> defeat the purpose. Thanks.

You can set a high resolution and then use the display
properties to set larger text and icon sizes that you can
read. But you'll still have the resolution to see pictures.
As Bar said, is it a CRT or LCD?

"ATCStephen" <ATCStephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message