Irem Andromeda - will this ever work in mame?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:41:54 GMT, "The Pinny Parlour"
<thepinnyparlour@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

>that is the question :)
>
>anyone out there in the know -- know?
>
>Cheers

Not unless you find a working board and send it to us because the
current dump is missing a ROM.

Easier said than done, IREM used a *very* unreliable type of ROM chip
on their early boards, most of them have at least one chip dead. Keep
in mind that these things are from the late 70s / very early 80s.

Add that to the fact that most 'Andromeda' games sold aren't the IREM
and you'll probably end up with the wrong thing even if you try.

Same situation for IREMs Green Beret, its greatly overshadowed by the
Konami game which was far more popular and ported to almost every
system at the time. I've seen one for sale once a few years ago, went
for a reasonable price but it was with complete cab and we couldn't
ship that anywhere.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:13:12 +0000, "Haze (Mamedev)" <hazemamewip (at)
hotmail (d0t) com> wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:41:54 GMT, "The Pinny Parlour"
><thepinnyparlour@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
>>that is the question :)
>>
>>anyone out there in the know -- know?
>>
>>Cheers
>
>Not unless you find a working board and send it to us because the
>current dump is missing a ROM.
>
>Easier said than done, IREM used a *very* unreliable type of ROM chip
>on their early boards, most of them have at least one chip dead. Keep
>in mind that these things are from the late 70s / very early 80s.
>
>Add that to the fact that most 'Andromeda' games sold aren't the IREM
>and you'll probably end up with the wrong thing even if you try.
>
>Same situation for IREMs Green Beret, its greatly overshadowed by the
>Konami game which was far more popular and ported to almost every
>system at the time. I've seen one for sale once a few years ago, went
>for a reasonable price but it was with complete cab and we couldn't
>ship that anywhere.

Crikey, what are you doing in here? Is there no hardware left to
emulate? :)

Cheers,
Terra Cresta

PC Arcade