Wlan card for MSI 6163Pro / BXMaster (i440bx)

I want to go wireless with my 6163Pro and BXMaster boards (w. modded
Tualatin). Anyone knows if there are cards out there that do work on these
boards? I heard most of the 802.11g pci wlan cards are incompatible with the
i440bx chipset.
Please share your knowledge.

"erik©" <inv@l.id> wrote

>I want to go wireless with my 6163Pro and BXMaster boards (w. modded
> Tualatin). Anyone knows if there are cards out there that do work on these
> boards? I heard most of the 802.11g pci wlan cards are incompatible with
> the
> i440bx chipset.

All that you hear may not necessarily be true.

Most commonly available pci wlan cards require a 2.2 ver PCI slot. My 6163
Pro has 2.2 PCI slots, recognises an MSI wlan card when it's plugged in and
the activity led lights. Currently I don't have a HD connected, so I can't
test further - but would doubt that a chipset - driver problem exists.
The same card in an old socket 7 (PCI 2.1) MB isn't even recognised. I'm
guessing that a few very early BX boards had 2.1 PCI slots, hence the
stories about the chipset.